be it resolved

||— A R C H E R —

||— A R C H E R —⌲

Present day

Hazel was a kind soul and I came to quick realization that she was too good for me. She always understood me, she always accepted the reason for each shortcoming I had. She was ever patient, ever caring.

At the end of a long and tiring day, I came home to a smile full of joy and her corny jokes that were too cheesy not to laugh at that's why I made it a priority that I would come home even if I was buried with work.

I found myself looking for her smiles and laughs, I found myself craving for her presence.

It wasn't long until I found myself falling deeply in love with her. After all, it wasn't hard to love her, she was already loveable.

And as regrettably as it sounds to say it, there was a point where I felt insecure being her mate. I knew I lacked, I knew she had doubts and questions. It didn't help when I felt the distance that hovered in the air although we were right beside each other.

She always drew some sort of line as if she wanted me to keep a distance, but I realized that she wanted to do so because she was afraid of getting hurt. I had a past that still chased me and she saw that.

And so, I could only watch her from afar, I could only ask others to take care of her for me.

I wish that I could say that everything went perfectly after I met Hazel, but unfortunately that was not the case.

She struggled with my relationship with Jessica and I failed to notice that it was hurting her badly. I thought that as long I had explained her that Jessica and I were a past item and assured her that she was the only one that occupied my heart, the matter would come to rest.

It wasn't the case, I failed to notice early how it started damaging her confidence in herself. How it affected the natural joy she always had.

And it didn't help that Hazel kept everything within her, how she tried to handle things by herself although it was getting too heavy for her.

Seeing that, I knew that keeping myself away was not the right answer. I assured her once more that my relationship with Jessica was a thing of the past, she was simply a friend in need of help now.

Thankfully, with the help of a those around us, we were able to mend what complicated relationship we had. Slowly, we began to truly communicate, to know each other and spend time with each other.

Slowly, we began to learn how to love each other better, how to be better for each other.

However, we still had more troubles that came to us and tried us.

We both aren't perfect and our imperfectness and shortcomings broke us, hurt us and separated us.

A year long without her, a year long simply only hearing news about her.