a long road

The drive to Luna Flumine was going to be long. In total, we would be on the road for six hours.

I was surprised when it was only Archer and I on the car. I thought Allan would be driving at least, but I guess not.

For the past three hours, the only sounds in the car was the music from the radio.

Sometimes, Archer asked when I was fine whenever I kept my eyes outside the window.

"I'm fine, I just miss my mom." was all I would answer to his question.

In truth, a lot of thoughts raced in my mind of what would happen once I arrive in his pack.

I wonder if people will accept me, what if they don't like me?

I didn't know anyone from his pack and that sort of worries me.

"Does your pack know you found your mate?" I ask him finally, but I was careful not to show that I was nervous.

He took off his eyes on the road to meet mine and if I was the one driving, I could guarantee that I would have already crashed the car.

"They do, but they don't know that she ran away when we first met." he says again mentioning the first night that we met.

I breathed out loudly. This guy is not letting that go, isn't he.

"I had my reasons, okay?" I say and cross my arms, now looking straight ahead. I heard him chuckle as if he found it amusing.

"And what would they be?"

I looked back at him and observed him for a bit before answering. "We're not close yet so I'm not telling."

To that, he only nodded.

Silence reigned again but it didn't take long for it to be broken again.

"You know, I remember now. Where we first met." he says slowly.

This caused me to raise an eyebrow at him. Did he want me to congratulate him?

"Took you long enough." I whispered under my breath, but I'm sure he heard me.

I saw him smile, a small one, before continuing his story. "You're Chase's friend right? I remember he would tell me of the crazy pranks and stunts you would pull on him and other people."

I gasped ever so slightly.

How dare Chase talk smack about me to other people?

If I remember right, I clearly instructed him to say only good things about me whenever I asked. That guy will definitely get it from me when I meet him again.

"Rumours are rumours." I defend myself. I keep my eyes at him. "Besides, you're not the only one who has heard things. I've heard many things about you." I say with meaning.

I was trying to incite that I've heard a lot of things about him and amongst many of those things was a mention of a girl's name that I did not want to utter.

I'm not sure if he understood what I was trying to say because he didn't answer me. Instead, he only bobbed his head up and down.

"Get some sleep, we'll be there in four hours." was all he said.

Disappointed, I turned away choosing to watched the scenery until I fell asleep.

"Effyía"

My eyes opened wide at the utter of the name.

I breathed heavily when I realized that I was still inside a car and it was still running. I look beside me and found Archer who looked at me with concern.