playing house

Wait, wait, wait, wait.

"How come you don't live in the pack house?" I ask him as we were walking towards his supposedly own house.

"I heard you lived in your parents' house so you might not be used to living in the pack house. Besides, where I live and the pack house aren't too far from each other." he explained and I merely nodded.

A few more minutes of a silent walk and after an uphill slope a beautiful house came into sight.

The house stood tall and was visibly wide and I had to look back at Archer and at the house a few times.

Uhm... who does he think is gonna live in that big house?

"Don't tell me that only you and I are going to be residing in that house." I say.

He shrugged and continued walking. "Who else is supposed to live in there then?" he says as a matter of factly.

Oh goodness. I mean I knew that he was rich, but to have this whole house for himself? Besides, it would take me at least a whole day to clean this whole house!

Did he not think of that? He was giving me a hard time!

Standing in front of the house, I felt even smaller, but then I forgot all about that when I noticed the boxes in the front porch and knew that they were mine.

I quickly walked up the stairs to count that there were indeed five boxes.

"All here!" I chirped happily.

Archer took out the house's keys and opened the door. I was going to carry a box when he quickly took it from me along with another box.

"I'll carry them, just go inside first." he said and since he wanted to be a gentleman, I didn't refuse.

I stepped inside the house and was even more amazed. After walking the wide hallways, I could see the living room. It was spacious and well lit, but it also had a very cozy vibe and made me remember our house.

There was another hallway that led to who knows where and on the furthest right, there was the stairs.

The furniture were minimal and were new which led me to suspect that although Archer had this whole house to himself, I bet he rarely stayed here.

Mostly though, I think that my favourite part of this whole place was that Archer's scent was everywhere and that put me at ease.

By the time I turned around, all the boxes were already at the bottom of the stairs.

"Well, I must say. You have a nice place." I say as I still look around and this time I noticed the chandelier that hovered above us.

Who still has chandeliers even?

When I turned to him, it was just the perfect timing for me to catch him smirk and laughed to himself.

"Perfect a house for a family don't you think?" he says and continued laughing silently.

Fa-family?

Wait was he joking? My heart was beating fast from what he said. Who jokes about having a family?

"I didn't know you were the type to joke around." I answered. He immediately tried to mask his laughing face to his usual serious one, but it failed because he still smiled.

Wow, Archer Hamilton everyone.

Although I cannot deny that that made me happy.

"Anyways, I'm pretty sure that you're tired from the drive so you should rest up until dinner's ready." he said and started ascending the stairs with a box in hand.

I followed him without delay because I was excited to see what the second floor had in store. Just like the floor beneath, it was spacious and was minimal in furniture.

After the stairs, there were separating hallways with numerous doors and I guessed that it led to different rooms and that's when a thought came into my mind.

Rooms.

Were we going to share a room right away?

I know it's also customary for some mates to share a house and a room right away, but I just... I can't. There's no way I'm sleeping on the same bed as a stranger.

Especially not with a hot stranger.

When I stopped in my tracks, Archer turned around to look what had me frozen.

"What's the matter?" he questioned and I debated whether I was going to ask him about it or wait to find out and then protest. However, before I could make a choice, Archer seemed to have read my mind.

"Don't worry, you're staying in your own room." he clarified and I sighed a sigh of relief and a part of my brain will never come out to admit that I was somehow and slightly disappointed. But. But I enjoyed my freedom so I was fine with it.

He started walking and passed the first door and right in front of it was another door and he motioned me to open it because his hands were full.

I quickly did so and was met with a room that looked like it was decorated to be, at the very least, a guest bedroom.

I exclaimed happily because the room sort of reminded me of my own room back home especially with the big window and the setting sun's rays penetrating it.

Archer set down the boxes and turned to me. "Is this room alright? You can take a look at the other rooms if you want." he suggested.

"No, no, this room's perfect. I like the window." I say and started looking around.

Like a robot, my mate nodded simply and said that he was going down to take all the other boxes up. As he did so, I looked around the room more and contented myself with opening the window.

I loved the fresh air that greeted me, it helped knock some senses into me and get me back in reality.

Archer returned a few times to set down my belongings. "Are you alright? Is there anything else that you need?" he asks and although his voice sounded mechanical, I could feel that he was genuinely asking out of concern.

I sat down on the fluffy bed and nodded at him. Now that I was getting some rest, I could feel that I was indeed tired... and sad.

I felt mildly homesick.

I won't be seeing my mom or my dad when I woke up in the morning anymore, my brother won't come around to bother me. Caroline and Quincy would have probably been forcing me to go down a human shopping centre to shop around and for them to meet some cute humans.

But I was here.

"I'll let you rest. I'll call you when dinner is ready." he said and gently closed the door of the rather bare room.

When the door closed, I heard Archer's steps going further away and I was left alone in the room with my thoughts and my homesickness.

I plumped down the bed and stared at the white ceiling above me.

Things certainly are different now, starting tomorrow, things will change even more. I'm going to become a Luna.

Funny isn't it? I've always hoped and avoided to become a Luna.

Things just never seem to work my way, what a luck.