a little bit of relief

It has been at least two weeks since Hazel left the pack unknowingly. We've contacted everyone that might know her, everyone that might have seen her, everyone that might know anything. But no one has seen her.

I tried to retrace her path by following her scent, but Hazel was smart enough to conceal her scent. I visited her pack and sure enough, she wasn't there. I had a hard time facing her family, I mean how am I even supposed to explain myself?

I hurt her and pushed her to leave, although I don't exactly know what it was, something must've... I just don't know what it is.

We searched through the forests all around the pack and even reaching until almost the Capitol, but there was nothing. All that we've met are rogues and... Strays.

At the end, I had to ask my dad for help, something I promised myself never to do, but there I was, on the voca orb with my father asking him for help to put out an official search for Hazel.

I could tell by the way he looked at me how disappointed he was, but he didn't say anything and I didn't need him to.

The same question I was confronted with by everyone was 'what happened' and ashamedly, I had no answer to give. I also had no idea.

I thought we were fine, I thought she had understood me. Was she still upset about Jessica and I failed to notice? Was it because I wasn't able to contact her as much as I had promised her?

Had I not assured her enough that she was the one I loved and not Jessica? I was always told that I had a different way of showing people I cared, was that the case with Hazel?

I tried my best to get answers out from Frances or the pack guards that were there when she left, but it was impossible. Hazel's command tone was much more powerful than mine and held deeper authority within their wolves so even if they wanted to say something, their wolf would not let them to.

A simple yes or no question can't even be answered and if I tried to push for more, it only hurt their wolves.

The only one place I can think that she would visit is Panselinos, Ian's pack. Ian's Luna was the first warrior and I knew she started reading more about the warriors being one herself. But the thought was less likely, she didn't know anyone there except maybe for Ian, much less how to get there, but that's an easy information to get.

I've been contacting Ian almost everyday to try and see if Hazel ever made it there, but he always assured me that she hasn't and that if she had, he will inform me right away. But I couldn't just sit still.

I was at the end of my wits, I had no more idea on what to do. My wolf wailed and I shared the same pain.

It was already dark outside, the pack wolves have started going home for dinner now and I could only reminisce of when I went to pick Hazel up at this same time and we would walk home together.

She would tell me a joke or two and although it was corny, what made me laugh was her laugh. Hazel always found joy in the littlest thing, even in a simple word play and it was one of the things I loved about her.

I rested my head on my chair, I pictured her in my head. I desperately tried to remember the way her cheeks puffed up when she laughed out loud heftily, or the way her lip would curl when she would get annoyed at me for teasing her too much.

I had to remember it, etch it in my memory because if not, I felt like it would slip off my hands completely.

I was jolted awake when my voca orb lit up. Immediately, I accepted it.

To my surprise, Ian popped up.

"You look worse than the last time I've seen you." he joked and laughed, trying to lighten the mood.