a spontaneous escape

Damn it, Caroline and Quincy were both right.

He's an Alpha and he's hot. But that still does not convince me.

"Why did you run away?" he asked as he kept his eyes up on me. His voice was deep, but melodic. It had me on edges.

I was still like a fish out of water at the encounter of him and I had to shake myself to my senses.

"You're Archer Hamilton, that's enough reason to run away." I excused. He thought for a while as if what I said made sense, which probably did to other werewolves, but he didn't scare me.

"I see... Perhaps, are you afraid of me?"

Wh-what did he say?

I couldn't suppress my chuckle at his question.

"I-I'm sorry Alpha, I didn't mean to laugh, but to answer you, I am not afraid you." I say calming myself down from another threatening fit of laughter.

"Then what was it that made you run away from me instead of coming to me?" he asks, confused.

I thought for a while, thinking if I should answer him or not and ultimately deciding to give him a hint. "Jessica Fields. You should go back Alpha, your companion may be waiting for you."

He looked surprised at my mention of the name and I could see him immediately frowning.

"You don't have to worry about her, she's not my mate."

Don't worry about her? The whole werewolf community knows about the two of them and he dares tell me not to worry?

Anyways, my head already hurts from all of these happenings and I am desperate to be away from him even if my every fibre and instinct wants to draw closer to him.

"How about we make a deal, Alpha?" I say as I stand up on the thick and sturdy branch of the tree.

As if it was planned, the moonlight shone through the leaves leaving enough light for us to see each other's face clearly. We were both silent for a few moments and stared at each other.

Here I was standing on top of a tree looking down on my mate as he looked up to me.

"To be honest, I think there's been a mistake. I think there's been a drug mixed with my drink and started all of this. How about we wait for half an hour and try to see if this pull is real?" I suggest.

I heard him huff some haughty air, mocking my words which was understandable. I just spouted nonsense but it still made sense!

"That's ridiculous, no drugs can--"

"And that's why I'm proposing 30 minutes..." I said again. When he didn't respond, I had to do something else for him to be convinced. "Please, wait 30 minutes." I used my command tone.

His eyes widened, evidently shocked and confused of what I just said.

"Wh-what was that?" he asked. It was my turn to be shocked.

IT DIDN'T WORK?!

Th-there's no way my command tone didn't work. Sure, he's an Alpha but my command tone still works on Alphas!

I heard him sigh and scratch the back of his head. "Fine, I'll give you 30 minutes although I'm not sure why you're doing this. This is far from the normal meeting-your-mate-scenario." he says as if he was being generous and I almost rolled my eyes at him.

"A-alright, thank you. Please leave for now, I want to be alone."

"It's dangerous."

"I'm dangerous." I whispered under my breath.

"Excuse me?"

"I-I meant don't worry about me and leave me to collect my thoughts. I will go back to the party in exactly 30 minutes and find you" I say and acted that I was getting emotional. No one can turn down the request of an emotional woman in verge of tears so he will definitely leave.

"Fine, but before I leave... I didn't get your name."

I was taken aback. Oh right.

But I don't want him to know me!

But then I realized something and I started to feel kind of upset. See, this is not our first meeting. We probably met at least twice when we were younger. After all, we are both an Alpha's child.

"How cruel, I remember you yet you don't remember me?" I say bitterly and surprised that the emotion was real.

Am I that easy to forget?

"We've met before?" he asks, rubbing salt at the wound. Oh how I wish he could see me rolling my eyes.

"It doesn't matter, we have plenty of time to get to know each other if we really are mates. Now, off you go, dear Alpha." I say the title almost mockingly and hoped he didn't mind.

To my surprise, he turned around and started to walk away. 

I waited for a good ten minutes before descending the tree that I was on top off.

I need to go.

I can't-- this is not real. Archer Hamilton, out of all people!

I ran back towards the way of the pack house where the ballroom was, but I didn't go inside. I had already linked both Caroline and Quincy that I was going to head back first without them.

My very first priority was getting the hell out of here without getting caught by that Alpha.

As I got nearer where the cars were parked, I could sense that Archer Hamilton was just inside the edifice located a few kilometres away from me, but I fought all natural urges and instincts.

I am only 20 years old, for goodness' sake! Why do I have to be caught up in this sort of mess!

I found the car that I drove coming here. Since I didn't have a bag when I came, I hid the car key behind the tire of the front wheel and was relieved to see it didn't get stolen.

I should really stop doing this, but it's so convenient.

I enter the car and without even bothering to put my seatbelt on and sped away. 

It was only once I exited the pack gates that I had realized that my heart was hammering mess and I was practically trembling.

I forced myself to keep driving, to keep going to a place as far away as possible. 

And that is how I made my spontaneous escape from my mate because I knew for a fact...

Archer Hamilton is trouble.