14: Officially Aizawa

For their weekend, Aizawa and Shohei spent hours in fixing the room for him to stay in. He was going to be a student of 1-A, so he needed his own room and study space.

After which, they placed all his clothes there and school materials there. Aizawa was going to buy him a study table within the next two weeks, so Shohei had to do his school work in the dining area or in the coffee table in the living room for the mean while.

Once they were done fussing about everything that related to his room or his things, they settled down on the floor, in front of the coffee table. Aizawa needed to answer some papers as a legal guardian to the two of you.

So he wanted you two to be there as he answered, just so that you'd be able to help him with it, not that you actually were a help, but more of a motivation.

"So... uh... you're close to my mom... right?" The boy looked over to Aizawa who was still scribbling down his answers on the given form.

The older male looked up at him, his hair tied into a messy bun as he wore his reading glasses. "Yeah... we were... close friends." Aizawa said rather awkwardly, "why?"

"Well... I just wanted to know why she'd give me the name Shohei... do you know?"

"Well... I'm not really sure why she chose that name... but she did talk about it naming babies." Aizawa could see the pure happiness and curiosity in his eyes. He could see the hope in his eyes.

Aizawa didn't want to ruin it for him, but he also didn't want him to hope that his mom was still alive. "That was...before she... died."

All the light in Shohei's eyes vanished, the small smile turned to a frown. "S-she's dead?"

There was a thick silence, you felt it too as you listened, doodling on a scratched paper as well.

"She... she's..." Shohei looked so lost. He looked at you with pain then turning to Aizawa with tears, "My mom's dead?"

Aizawa sighed, looking away as he slowly nodded. Jesus why? Why did it have to be so hard? Aizawa's mouth opened, but no words came out. "S-she was killed 12 years... there was a big explosion... when I finally got there... it was only then that I noticed that it was her house..."

It was as he talked that Aizawa could feel the tears running down his face. Why was it when he talked about that Shirakumo girl, he always had a hard time. Maybe because she was the first and only one to have ever touched his heart?

"We tried to get in and help her... but the entire place exploded into flames... by the times the flames were taken out... nothing was left." He looked at Shohei with a sad face. He got up and went over to his shelf, grabbing same picture he had shown Shohei the day he gave him his birth records.

"Your mom..." he pointed at the lady with silver long hair and (y/e/c) eyes and a big smile. It was a solo polaroid picture of her, seeming to laugh at something so funny that she had a few tears in her eyes. "She was... my best friend... and her brother, your uncle, took this."

"Uncle?"

"He died too... a little earlier than her actually. He passed away even before we graduated..." Aizawa sighed. "His name was Oboro Shirakumo."

Shohei looked over to the face Aizawa pointed at. It was the boy with cloudy hair, a very light blue tint that it almost could pass as white. He looked up at Aizawa to see him looking at you.

"And my Mom's name?"

"(Y/n) Shirakumo."

Aizawa had named you after his best friend. (Y/n) Shirakumo looked a lot like you, (y/e/c) eyes, silver hair, the innocent look, and he was sure you'd look like her when you eventually learn how to smile. Only difference was that she was a little more open, energetic and sociable. He was a girl he loved dearly, if only he wasn't so stupid, maybe she wouldn't have left and she wouldn't have been attacked or at least she wouldn't had faced them alone.