24: a choice

"You're awfully loud for someone who' been beaten up to the pulp." A female doctor walked in, hands tucked inside the pockets of her white coat.

Shohei, Hoshiko and Yamada were confused and unsure of who she was, but Aizawa looked surprised.

"Rose-field?" Aizawa raised his brow in question. "You work here? I thought-"

"You've always been a thinker, haven't ya?" She giggled and crossed her arms.

Yamada looked between the two of them. There was Aizawa and then a very pretty lady doctor right there. "Sho... are you not telling me something?" He looked at Aizawa suspiciously.

"What?" He looked at Yamada, who gave him a rather familiar teasing look, "Hell Hizashi! She's our batch mate!" He gestured to Rosefield. "General studies!" Yamada made an 'ohhh' sound then told them to carry on with their conversation.

"Anyways, I heard that you're the guardian of (Y/n)?" She looked over to him, bringing out her phone that had some of the files she needed.

Aizawa's demeanor changed, "Yes. Do you know where she is?"

"Before you start with your tantrums, listen to me first." She got word that Aizawa was making quite the ruckus once he woke up. He was pretty loud for a guy who was known as the most antisocial in their batch. "I'm the one in charge of (Y/n)... The one about to start Therapy with her... now listen, ok?" She could see the way his eyes changed, the protective side coming out, as she expected. "I've seen what's she's gone through and... well, I think she needs time away from you."

Rosefield gave the other three a look, in which they understood that they had to leave. Shohei had no problem getting up as he had no broken bones. He and the two Yamadas walked out of the room to give them privacy.

"Listen-"

"What the fuck do you mean time away from me?" He snapped at her, eyes glaring at her own.

"Aizawa, she a child with a very traumatic past-"

"You think I wouldn't know that?" He barked at her. "All that time I've spent taking care of her and Sho... you think I wouldn't know?"

She rolled her eyes as she sat down on his bed side. "You don't know it as much as you do." She sighed as Aizawa's brows furrowed, the hesitation in his eyes.

"I think you're already aware of my quirk, Shota." Her eyes narrowed as the man sighed, letting her talk. "Growing up in isolation, having been teated like some lab rat, forced to fight and kill whatever is brought into the room you're in and then having your own wings cut off in the most horrifying way possible?.... I don't think its healthy to have brought her to your home so quickly." She looked at him sadly. "Shouta, she needs proper treatment. I'm not saying she's mental, but what she's gone through could even make a grown man break. It's a miracle that she's acting this way... even with that, she needs to under go therapy... and that consists of distance from you."

Aizawa didn't like the sound of that. Not one bit. Why did you need distance from him? Why? Had he done something wrong? Something to make things worse for you?

"She's grown an unhealthy relationship with you." Rosefield told him truthfully. "She only truly trusts you and that's not good. I mean it's good she trusts someone, but its bad because its only you. She puts her entire trust on you and that is a dangerous path to walk in."

"But she's gotten along with the UA staff, heck, even my students-"

"She's tolerating them." She cuts him off. "(Y/n) is only tolerating them because she knows they're important to you. That means, at any moment that you show even the slightest sign that you don't like someone or that someone looks threatening to you, she'll act out on it. Hell, she might even kill." The shock in Aizawa's eyes was obvious. Rosefield felt sorry and grasped his arm in reassurance.

"She's still afraid of every single thing you think she's over. She doesn't eat properly, even if I gave her the food you assured her was alright. She can't sleep even if I tried to hug her or hum her the weird ass melody you do... she may look like she's adjusting... but she's not. She's tolerating for you. Because she feels the need to please the very first adult she's ever met that had not tried to even hurt her once."

"So you're saying, she's doing all these things, eating any meal, meeting other people, sleeping on the bed... to please me?" Aizawa summed it up. Rosefield nodded sadly. She saw your memories and the way you looked at him almost all the time. "She's 'tolerating' everything for me?"

"Yes. Because you're the only one she trusts. She allows the touching and the hugging of other because she remembers what you taught her about good people... 'people who don't try to hurt you.'" She tried to get what he told you before word for word. "My problem with this situation is that... what if... what if you break her trust-"

"Rose-"

"I'm not saying intentionally!" She cut him off. "But for sure, like every parent, every guardian... there will be a time where you'll accidentally break her trust..." Her minty eyes on his dark ones. "Shouta... that won't end good if that happens. If she loses trust on the only person and reason why she's tolerating everything... she can blow up. She'll lose it.

Shouta, she's a ticking time bomb."

"Then what do you think you could do to help her then, huh?" She gripped onto him, looking into his eyes as she searched in his own memories, learning what Aizawa had been thinking and doing.

"Erase all her memories of you."