39.5: Pictures

"So how was the interview?"

"It was fine." Hoshiko giggled as you all agreed.

"Hey, you got an AllMight plush." Yamada called out as they only noticed you holding a plushie now.

You nodded and smiled. "Sir.... Gave... gift."

You didn't really like the actual Allmight, but Nighteye was nice and he seemed to really like AllMight. It did give you doubts about whether to fully trust him or not, but he seemed genuinely nice.

Plus the fact that Aizawa trusted him enough to leave you four to him.

And as much as you hated the idea of AllMight, the plush barely resembled him. It was just a fluffy toy with similar color scheme with a big smile, nothing too much like the big buff hero.

You smiled to yourself as you hugged it, recalling your conversations after the interview are you waited for them to pick you up.

"So...what's with the AllMight enthusiasm... are you like... a fanboy? Like Midoriya?" Hoshiko asked.

Nighteye chuckled, looking around. "You can say I am."

"W-why... All-M-Might?" You asked.

"Why do I like him?" You nodded to his question. "Well... he gave me hope... and he took me as his sidekick despite how limited my quirk was." He smiled warmly as if recalling the years. "He was a hope even with his flaws." He looked down to you. "I heard that you didn't like him... that you even tried to eliminate him?"

You looked away ashamed. "S-sorry... d-didn't-... didn't mean..." you pouted, recalling those times. "AllMight... scary... big... he hurt... me."

"Hurt you?" Nighteye was surprised to hear this. He hadn't expected it to he related to the lab or anything, he just thought it was AllMight being a big oaf again.

You nodded. "L-lab... say.... He a bad... man." You tried your best to explain and Shohei tried to fill in, explaining Akane's ability to tap into people's minds and control them as well as make them see things.

One of them was AllMight.

"I see." Nighteye hummed a bit before looking back down kn you. "I know it might have been tough... but AllMight is very nice... he is a hero... like Eraser. He may look big and scary... but he has a good heart."

He tapped onto where your heart was. "Like you." He smiled warmly. "You and him have a pure heart. You both are nice... and you both make mistakes, but that doesn't mean you can't be forgiven."

He patted you gently before reaching down on his desk to get the AllMight plushie. He hoped you'd like it even just a little bit.

He gave it to you. "This is an AllMight plushie... people wouldn't make toys of him if they didn't like him." He smiled at you. "You have a right to be scared of him because of what happened in the lab... but you can't stay scared or mad at him because he really didn't have anything to do with it, yeah?"

You nodded in response, slowly getting the toy and looking at it.

"So... maybe next time you see him... you say sorry... alright?" Nighteye tried to at least help you ease out of this fear you had with AllMight, even if it may take longer before you do.

You nodded and he smiled. He then turned to the other three and handed them AllMight related merch, and they picked out what they wanted.

Hoshiko's were earphone accessories.

Shohei's was a keychain

And Tora's was a hoodie.

"Huh." Was the only thing Yamada could reply.