21: Smile

"Ahh Come on!" Shinsou laughed as Shohei was once again tangled in Aizawa's scarf, unable to grasp the idea of how to use it.

He, Shinsou, Aizawa and you were in one of the rarely used training grounds, watching Shohei practice his scar usage.

He struggled with that, but in other aspects, he was quite good. His hand to hand was flawless as well as how he controlled his energy- generated weapons.

"Don't worry." Shinsou helped him house, happily patting his back in support. "You've gotten this much in such little time... compared to me." He scratched his head bashfully. He hated to admit that a kid much younger than him was progressing in combat so much quicker than him.

Although he had heard from Aizawa that Shohei had gone through some sort of training before he moved in with him, but that was it. Even with little information, Shinsou wasn't oblivious to the recent news of the sudden earthquake and cases of missing kids being found, he had guessed that you and Shohei were a part of it.

It wasn't hard to piece together, really, but he felt as if it would be best if he did not bring it up, worried it might trigger you or Shohei.

One thing he was quiet curious of was the big resemblance of Shohei and Aizawa. It was weird, especially since he also had the ability to erase quirks, which was mixed with his ability to control energy. Not really wanting to sound like a theoriest, but their resemblance was scary, especially even when they weren't really father and son... maybe.

||

"So... where are we going, exactly?" Shinsou asked, wearing a first draft of what his hero costume could be like. It had dark colors consisting of black, grey and a bit of purple to match his features. "Where would a gothic uncle bring his heavily influenced gothic son and nephew?"

"I wouldn't really say gothic, just dark themed." Shohei chuckled, looking at his own rather dark attire that was quite similar to Aizawa's. They all were in quite comfy, a little baggy attires with combat boots and extra pouches for smaller weapons as well as first aid.

"I did not heavily influence any of you." Aizawa grumbled, looking down at you, who also wore a rather dark themes attire, which were actually the gift that Bakugou's mom (which was actually Bakugou's idea)gave. It consisted of a dark grey sweater, (r/f/c) shirt with a dark grey leggings and matching (r/f/c) boots. They had little X designs along with a rather cutely designed skull in the middle of your sweater.

"Right." the boys laughed jokingly as they walked through the streets to wherever they were suppose to go to.

Aizawa explained that he just had to go check into the agency he worked for if there were any new assignments that were still vacant and that he could take, just the simpler assignments like night patrol or quick information gathering.

Walking into a rather formal vicinity, you were met with multiple other costumed people, all conversing about work or current events. It made you feel even smaller than you already felt. So much formalities and people talking about topics you didn't understand. It was an even more confusing world you were yet to get into.

"You can sit over there, or you can just stand beside me while I'm-"

"We're technically your sidekicks, so wouldn't it be best if we did join in and listen?"

"alright." Aizawa held onto your little hand as you went over to some desk and a person and the conversation about heroing and missions and assignments started. You stood there with them, unsure of what to say or do. You felt out of place, like most of the time.

You constantly felt out of place, maybe it was because you were a child, or maybe because you were still learning so much. You did try your best though, you tried to fit in or at least feel like you belonged.