An Accidental Pervert

Silas' POV:

I'm not surprised that Atticus and Lincoln live in a beautiful, lavish home, but damn! When Lincoln left to go get the food, I made sure to escape Atticus' line of vision, because it's only a matter of time before he decides to try to murder me for being attracted to his boyfriend.

I explored their home to gain an understanding of my surroundings. Even though I rarely go out, when I do, I like to be aware of everything around me. It not only relieves my stress but it helps me to identify potential escape routes.

There's quite a few guest rooms, a theatre room as opposed to having a television in the living room, and there's a gym and pool in the basement. How the hell can these two afford this place?! Even with their jobs, a swimming pool is expensive as hell!

I wander into the master bedroom, careful to keep my ears open in case Atticus decides to show up and yell at me for being in his room. His and Lincoln's room, actually.

Can't forget they're dating... ugh, I wish Lincoln was single, not a doctor, and was a Mistake. Then we'd be able to be together. Honestly, the same kind of goes for Atticus, because even though I like to be more dominant in bed, he's hot as hell and I'd be down to sleep with him. I guess it's a bit more of a turn off with him being a cop, so that's the reason for my reservation.

Their room has cream walls with a dark grey one behind the bed, and their bed has a canopy. I've always wanted one of those on my bed!

I look around before launching myself onto their king sized bed and laying under the dark canopy that makes me feel a strange wave of comfort. After I've had my fun exploring their room (as well as their walk in closet where I found a disturbing box of sex toys) I explore the master bathroom.

Wow!

Their tub is massive and definitely made for two (possibly even three!) people, and that's separate from their shower, which has two shower heads and there's a speaker on the roof, probably for music. Candles sit all around the tub, making another surge of jealousy course through me. They probably get to have beautiful, sensual baths in the dark, with only candles lighting the room.

I wish I had someone to do that with.

"Don't get used to it," I think to myself as I open a bottle of shampoo and smell it. "They'll send you home as soon as the HBIC of the supernatural bullshit unit leaves your apartment."

There's a few pictures on the nightstand, and they're not standard couple pictures. There's one of the pair of them shirtless, taking a dorky selfie on their bed, and I am so envious of how happy and in love they look. Another picture is clearly one that Atticus wasn't expected, as he has a half smile as he's shoving a forkful of cake in his mouth.

My favorite one is probably the most cliche one, where Lincoln and Atticus are kissing in front of the sunset on the beach. Since Portland isn't that far from the beach, it's easy to assume this picture was taken locally.

They're so cute, and I have no reason to be jealous, but I can't help the feeling.

I want something like this.

No, screw that.

I want this.

Shaking my head, I move away from their dresser and walk out of the room, only to meet Atticus in the hall. I freeze, because he's totally going to kill me for snooping around in his personal space.

"I like to familiarize myself with unknown places, too," he says with a surprisingly kind smile. "No judgement."

"You may not be judging me, but I'm judging the amount of sex toys you have in your closet," I tell Atticus, making him grin widely. "Why are you smiling? Shouldn't you be embarrassed?"