Escaping Reality

Silas' POV:

I've been watching Lincoln for the past fifteen minutes as he prepares the dough for scones. I am starving and I want food right now, but I'll have to wait. Watching Lincoln's progress makes me feel a little less hungry because I know food is on the way, so I keep staring.

"It won't make him cook any faster," Atticus tells me, but I just keep on staring at my chef boyfriend and ignore my fire-hazard one. "Silas, come on... let's play a board game or something, since you're trash at video games..."

He's teasing me... he knows I am an absolute professional at videogames; after all, I did spend years in my apartment doing nothing but ordering food, the occasional work out, and playing video games in my spare time.

I'm twenty two, for crying out loud!

That's, like, elite video game playing age!

"You're on, you overconfident brat!" I exclaim, launching myself across the room and to the television where they have a Nintendo switch system set up. "I bought the switch when it first came out years ago. You will never defeat me."

Atticus chuckles as he joins me by the television and sits on the couch. "Winner gets to fuck Lincoln tonight!" he says, and when I look over at Lincoln, I see him smirking as he kneads the dough.

"Have fun sitting in a corner and jerking off, then," I respond, turning on the system and handing Atticus one of the remotes. "I will win, no matter the game."

I see a whole selection of downloaded games, including some of the original Mario games, all of the Just Dance series, and countless others.

"This safe house was originally made to protect and hide others with Mistacesemia," Atticus says as I file through the games. "In the winter, no one wanted to go outside so my superiors helped get them video games and other things to keep them entertained inside the house. For a long time, other than the tight knit founders of the Supernatural Investigation Units, no one even knew these safe houses existed. Their purpose was to move people with Mistacesemia from place to place where they'd be safe and able to live in places where they'd be slightly more accepted. Especially those who were on the run from people similar to those in The Onyx."

I hum as I click on Super Smash Bros. "What a detailed explanation for why we have video games," I comment, sitting in between Atticus' legs. "Now I can bite your leg to stop you from winning."

"Don't you dare!" Atticus exclaims as we choose our characters.

I have played this game and others online against countless opponents who always got super salty when I told them that was a Mistake and I kicked their asses. It definitely got me kicked out of matches at times, and I was banned a couple of times, too.

So, I decided not to do that anymore, but now at least Atticus can't kick me from the game and he'll probably just smile and let me gloat when I win.

Because he's a sweetheart. A sweetheart who loves me.

A giddy smile comes to my face as I pick my character (Zelda) because it keeps running on a loop in my head.

Atticus loves me.

Lincoln loves me.

I have two amazing boyfriends who love me!

They don't care that I have telekinetic abilities and that the rest of the world sees me as an abomination. They love me for who I am and that is the most amazing thing in this world to me.

"Seriously? Zelda?" Atticus asks me.

I scoff. "You selected Mario, you basic bitch!"

"I'm not the one who needs magic to win."