The Onyx

Silas' POV:

I watch Andrea Velazco collapse, and my scream is caught in my throat. All I can do is stare at her body as Lincoln calls 911, and I cannot even hear what he's saying.

I'm completely frozen.

"Silas," I hear Atticus say, his voice soft and echoey. "Sit down, you look like you're going to pass out."

I push his hands off of me. "Stop it, I don't need to sit down," I mumble as little black spots form in my vision. "I'm fine."

"Silas," I hear Atticus say, and I feel his arms around me as I fall over, unable to keep myself standing. "Shh, it's going to be okay..."

When my eyes flutter open, I'm still in the living room, and there's police officers, including Jared, Atticus' work partner.

"Silas!" Lincoln exclaims, touching my face. "Here, drink some water."

I push the cup away, my head pounding as I sit up and look around. There's blood in the carpet, and I'm suddenly hit with the overwhelming urge to vomit, so I get up and run to the bathroom, throwing up in the toilet, sweat dripping down my face.

"Is he alright?" I hear Jared ask, and I turn and see that Atticus is talking with other cops while Jared and Lincoln watch me.

"I don't know... maybe we should take him to the doctor?" Lincoln whispers, and I glare at him.

"Lincoln... you're a doctor," Jared points out.

Lincoln pauses. "Maybe we should take him to my office so I can at least have my materials to preform a check up?"

"No," I snap, getting up and stomping to the fridge, despite the cops trying to mark our home a crime scene. I grab the orange juice and pour it into a cup, missing at first and dumping it on the counter and my hand. "Fuck!"

Lincoln is looking at me worriedly and Atticus has the same expression, though he keeps looking back at his police buddies to respond to their questions.

"We need to talk with him. He's got Mistacesemia, he'll know more," one of the officers whispers harshly to Atticus.

Atticus doesn't sound happy when he responds. "We were all here. He doesn't need to be briefed... anything he has to say, you already know. He is not in the state of mind to respond right now," he growls, and I decide to act like I can't hear him as I sip my juice.

It burns as I swallow because of course my throat is raw from throwing up, and orange juice has to be acidic as all hell.

"Fine, but we need-"

"Not tonight. Andrea committed suicide, we don't know why. She mentioned something called 'The Onyx' and said she wasn't supposed to make national news. She also pointed out that it was six thirty and someone was going to die, but I have no clue who."

A voice that I've grown to hate rings out. "Her sister," Darrel the Douche calls, walking down the hall and clutching his arm. "Some bastard broke into the department, shot me, killed Melina, and then I got the call that Andrea Velazco was dead at your place."

Jared winces. "Ouch, you got shot?" he asks, and Darrel nods.

"Whoever broke in didn't want to kill me, or else they would have. I think their only goal was to get in and kill Melina..." Darrel looks right at me. "Was it one of your Mistacesemia buddies? Revenge for Melina breaking in and Andrea trying to murder you?"

I want to kill this man.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I ask, and Atticus sets his hand on my shoulder to try to calm me down, but I shove it off. "First of all, I don't have any friends! Second, I'm not a vengeful person, and I have never tried to hurt anyone, and from what Melina said, I don't even think I would have tried to hurt Andrea!"