Atticus Is An Idiot

Lincoln's POV:

Work was going well today.

Key word being was.

I was responsible for doing some of our Mistacesemia tests on a four year old girl who was all smiles and not even scared to see a doctor! When I told her that I needed to draw blood and plasma, she panicked a little bit she was brave and didn't move when I used the little needs on her flesh.

I love kids, to be completely honest!

When I was done with the tests, I gave her a lollipop and talked to her mom about the best ways to react if her daughter's tests come back positive. Personally, I think they will because she had some symptoms of having the malfunction that I only know from being a specialist doctor and doing these tests for years.

Even though the individuals with the malfunction aren't common, my workplace is one of the best and people have traveled by plane to get here because Danielle and I have super good reviews.

In fact, the girl that I tested was from Oklahoma. Even though they have doctors all over the country, a good specialist is great with kids, and I think I'm great with kids, personally.

So, yes, my day at work was going well.

Until Atticus called me around one.

I had answered all cheery, hoping he'd be able to take lunch away from Jared for today and we could meet Silas at home and eat with him.

How did Atticus respond?

"Yeah, if you want to bring lunch to the holding cell at work, 'cuz Silas got arrested."

I love Atticus, but that idiot can be so blunt and I was not expecting him to tell me anything of that sort! Of course, I packed up in seconds and told Danielle that something popped up, and since I'm a good worker, she didn't care at all and told me to go to Atticus.

I couldn't tell her that I was more concerned about the guy who's face has been all over the news, so I thanked her and took off.

When I got to the station, Atticus embraced me in a tight hug and started rambling about how it was all his fault, that he left his phone out while he went to the bathroom and that Silas texted him to ask what was for dinner. Of course, Darrel the Douche passed by his desk at that moment and recognized the name, so he sent officers to our house and then called Silas.

Atticus didn't know what words were said between the two, but the next thing he knew, Silas had been taken by the police, and even more shockingly didn't fight back at all.

Right now, we're sitting in the lobby of the station because Darrel the Douche wouldn't let Atticus or I back to see our boyf- I mean, our friend.

He didn't even try to arrest myself or Atticus because even though we did help Silas, we're both highly respected in our fields and even if we were taken to jail, we have good lawyers and connections that would make the whole experience unnecessary.

Even more so because I am determined to prove Silas' innocence, because I know he didn't do anything wrong.

Darrel the Douche knows he didn't do anything wrong, but he needs someone to blame.

The news in playing on the wall in the lobby, and there's already reports about how Silas has been captured and detained, "thankfully" without casualties.

Both Atticus and I know that Silas must not have fought back, because if he wanted to escape and not be caught, he wouldn't have been. Unless he was injured, but Atticus said that in the brief moments when he saw Silas that he didn't look hurt... he just looked exhausted and helpless.