All Ends Well

2 Months Later:

Atticus' POV:

"Yes, babes, I'll be there to get him," I tell Lincoln again, because he is absolutely paranoid that I'll be late to pick Silas up and bring him to the surprise party for his twenty third birthday.

A lot has changed in the last couple of months.

The superiors of the Supernatural Investigation Units across the country went to all of their units (usually there's two per state unless it's a small population) and stayed undercover for a few days in order to examine and ensure there were no people that acted like Darrel in their units. There were a definite few, and they ever narrowed down some Onyx members and are currently working to mark the group as a terrorist organization.

Silas grew bored of being a receptionist and helped Lincoln to find a replacement before he teamed up with Leo to create a local shelter for people who are planning to run from their homes and need a place to stay. It's funded by the superiors of the Supernatural Investigation Units who agreed with Silas when he brought his idea up to them, but for the most part, Silas isn't paid for his work.

Neither Lincoln nor I cared, because we both make really good money and are happy to take care of the monetary aspects in our lives.

Besides, Silas' dad still sends him monthly direct deposits even though Silas insisted he was fine, so I guess his family's love language is money.

However, I know that if Silas were ever to be cut off, he wouldn't be upset about it. Right now it's really nice for him so he feels as though he isn't using our money.

Once his program gets a little more secure, I'm sure Silas will find another job or do something where he can make money, even if Lincoln and I have insisted that it doesn't really matter to us if he's making money or not.

His dedication to his and Leo's program is worth more to me than him making money, especially because Lincoln and I combined are very well off.

"Okay, we're all ready at our place!" Lincoln exclaims. "My mom is so pumped to finally meet him in person and not over the phone!"

I chuckle. "Yeah, and this will be his first ever birthday party. Even if he doesn't adore group gatherings, he'll love this."

We've invited my parents and Lincoln's mom, and even though we extended an invitation to Silas' family, they just sent back a card. It saddens me, because I know Silas isn't close with his family, but I also know that he would have been over the moon if they made the effort to come over and celebrate his birthday.

"Yes he will!" Lincoln chirps. "Well, I've gotta finish up the food, so I'll let you go. See you when you get home, baby! Love you!"

"Love you, too, babes," I say and then I press the end call button on my steering wheel and park outside the large building that has become the headquarters for Silas and Leo's program.

I know Leo isn't there because he usually takes care of things in the morning as opposed to Silas who prefers to sleep in and go in during the afternoon to make sure things are in order and the people staying there are comfortable and have a plan of where they plan to go with their lives.

Silas gets in the car after shaking hands with one of the appointed security guards that has a shift watching the building at night.

"Happy birthday, kitten," I say, leaning over and pecking his lips.

"Thank you," he responds, grabbing my hand and holding it all the way home.

We talk about how his program his going, and when we get home, I realize that everyone must have parked out behind the house so that we can't see any cars except for Lincoln's.