A Lifelong Curse

Silas' POV:

"Don't you fucking dare touch me!" Lincoln exclaims, rushing and hiding behind me while Atticus licks his fingers. "That is so unsanitary! Go wash your hands!"

We were peacefully eating pancakes until Atticus poked Lincoln's nose with syrup covered fingers. Of course, he had to target our tidy and control freak of a boyfriend who despises being dirty.

Lincoln's now hiding behind me (like I'd protect him! I don't want to be covered in syrup!) and glaring daggers at Atticus.

"Babes, relax," Atticus purrs, walking toward us.

I put up my version of a force field, keeping a wall between Atticus and us two who don't want syrup on us.

"Sorry, I don't want syrup on me," I apologize, and Lincoln relaxes behind me, stepping to my side. "Go wash your hands and I'll put the blockade down."

Atticus mocks me by forcing his voice to a higher pitch. "Go wash your hands and I'll put the blockade down. Blah blah blah. My name is Silas and I'm a brat who sides with Lincoln."

"Stop mocking me," I say once Atticus has reached the sink and is rinsing off his hands with soap and water. "See? I kept my promise and put it down."

Lincoln grins and skips over to Atticus, and he stands on his tip toes to kiss his cheek, but Atticus turns and licks the side of Lincoln's face.

"Ew!" Lincoln shrieks. "Atticus!"

I can't help the chuckle that bursts past my lips, earning me a glare of betrayal from Lincoln. "Sorry, it was funny," I tell him, because it was.

"If anyone in this house licks me outside of a sexual setting, they will feel my wrath!" Lincoln exclaims, stomping over to grab his briefcase. "Come on, Silas."

I watch Silas walk away before he turns around with a sigh and stomps back over to Atticus.

"I love you, have a good day," he says, accepting the apologetic kiss on the lips that Atticus gives him.

To be honest, I'm relieved that Atticus doesn't try to lick him again, because we'd probably end up calling Atticus' work partner, Jared, to report a murder.

"Love you too, babes," Atticus says, hugging Silas before he makes his way to me and kisses me as well, hugging me tight.

He's a great hugger; he's gentle and rubs my back when he hugs me, and it's always tight enough that I feel comforted and safe.

Lincoln is good at hugging me as well, but it's a little different because he's shorter than me. With Lincoln, I feel more like I'm protecting him (which I love) so it's different but still enjoyable.

However, even though I feel like I am protecting Lincoln when I hold him, I know he'd kill anyone who dares to be rude to me or Atticus.

"I'll see you two later tonight," Atticus says, grabbing his keys and wallet.

His suspension ended on Tuesday, and I'm so happy to see the spark back in his eyes because he's not stuck at home all the time. It was horrible to watch Atticus fall apart like he did when he was trapped at home all day.

I get in the car, putting my lunchbox and Lincoln's briefcase at my feet. Since I never got a license and only an ID that basically says "hey, this guy has a genetic malfunction," Lincoln or Atticus always drives whenever we go anywhere.

Not that I've really gone anywhere, since I'm still not comfortable going to stores if I don't have to. We really only drive to work and sometimes drive through Starbucks on days when Lincoln feels like being nice to me.