☾ɴᴇᴡғᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴄᴏᴜᴘʟᴇ☽

(This is Alaric instead)

ɴᴇᴡғᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴄᴏᴜᴘʟᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 24

           Annabelle went down the stairs, playing with the necklace Kol had gotten her. She sighed dreamily at it until she heard a guys voice. It didn't belong to Kol, she knew his voice but it was slightly familiar. Her eyebrows furrowed as she heard her mother's laughter trail after the guys voice.

"Invisique." Annabelle whispered quietly and fully went down the stairs to see her mother chatting the a man. That man happened to be "Alaric Saltzman..?" She questioned, making herself visible and the two jump.

Her eyebrows furrowed as Aurelia seemed even more confused "You two know each other?" She asked, her eyes flickering between the two in confusion. Annabelle tilts her head playfully at Alaric as he seemed nervous.

"Do we?"

Alaric nodded quickly before Annabelle could speak "I'm helping her with her online lessons in Mystic Falls. Since I'm a history teacher, I thought it would be nice to help the new girl in town." He lied, sending Annabelle a look and she shrugged.

Kol walked down the stairs and looked at Alaric "Well, if it isn't the vampire hunter by night and teacher by day." He mused with a smirk and it fell silent as Aurelias head slowly turned to Alaric who glared at Kol.

The realization hit Annabelle and she put a hand to her mouth, covering her laugh. Kol leaned down closer "She doesn't know, does she?" He asked with a whisper, referring to Aurelia. Annabelle nodded, still covering her laughter "And I just told her, didn't I?"

"Yup."

"You're a vampire hunter?" Aurelia asked Alaric in disbelief and Alaric seemed slightly confused but with an innocent nod.

"Well, I'm best friends with a vampire, I take care of a vampire and I'm basically surrounded by vampires in my daily routine of life so it wouldn't really be a difference— I'm not going to hurt Stacey." Alaric assured after his ramble.

Aurelia raised a brow "How did you know she was a vampire?" She continued to question him and Alaric glared at Kol, once again before turning back to Aurelia.

"I saw her drinking from a blood bag." Alaric admitted then took Aurelias hand on his, giving her hand a small comforting squeeze "This doesn't change anything. I know you're a witch just like Annabelle."

"How did you know she was a witch?" Aurelia continued to question him but didn't remove his hands from hers.

"Mom, you know the group that wanted the cure for vampirism then killed Beatrice for killing one of their brothers?" Annabelle asked and Aurelia slowly nodded "Yeah, he's in that group but he never really did anything to harm us so you don't need to break up."