☾sᴜʀᴘʀɪsᴇ☽

sᴜʀᴘʀɪsᴇᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 25

sᴜʀᴘʀɪs
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 25

"I know we didn't have a great beginning." Alaric started as the two walked around Mystic Falls and Annabelle nodded in agreement "But you're mother has really made an impact on me so how about we put all our differences aside..?" He smiled and she raised a brow.

"Kind of hard to do that." Annabelle murmured but sighed and showed a thin smile "But, I'll manage. Besides, I haven't seen my mom so happy in so long." She breathes out, running a hand through her hair.

Alaric smiled "Really?" He chuckled and she nodded "You should come to Mystic High, it's better than online school." He mused "And I teach there." He offered.

"No, I'll stick to online school." Annabelle politely declined "And with everything going on, I'm barely managing with online school. Real school would be a whole other level." She smiled and her phone rung to see its Rebekah "Excuse me." She walked away and answered.

"We have a problem."

"Okay, what's up?"

"There was a white oak stake at the doorstep today." Rebekah bit her lip as she continued "I know you put a protection spell on us but whenever we touched the stake, it burned us but then their was a carving with two initials."

"Rebekah, I'm a witch, I'm not Edward. I can't read minds. What is it?"

"M and E." Rebekah breathed shakily "Those are the initials of my parents. Their hellbent on killing my siblings and I. Annabelle, we need you right now." She pleaded.

Annabelle quickly nodded "I'll be right there." She hung up and turned to Alaric. "I'm sorry—"

"It's fine." Alaric smiled "We'll talk later...?"

"Of course!" Annabelle ran to Kols car and got in. "God, I need to get my own car." She mumbled as she started the car and began driving quickly, not knowing the two pairs of eyes watching her from afar with smirks.

Annabelle pulled up at the Mikaelson mansion and hurried inside to see Kol pacing, Rebekah fiddling with her hand, Caroline comforting Klaus and Katherine squeezing Elijahs hand. All eyes turned to her and she set the car keys on the drawer then turned to the rest.

Kol breathed in relief "Thank god." He mumbled.

He thought his parents would have done something to Annabelle. He looked to see the stake with the initials carved inside of them in a table. Kol wore gloves to get it there.

Annabelle noticed it and began walking towards it, she inspected it "Mhm, that's definitely an 'E and M'." She mumbled and Kol rolled his eyes.

"How about you tell us something we don't know?" Kol asked and she glared at him before sighing and slowly moving her hand towards the stake.