Getting Forced

I was sleeping peacefully on the Royal bed until I hear a sweet voice calling my name. I flutter my eyes open to see my daasi Vringana in front of my bed.

Daasi - Wake up Rajkumari!

Me - Vringana, it's still midnight. Why are you waking me up so early?

Daasi - Princess, your father has asked you to get ready by Shadvaadanm! If you don't get up now, you'll be late!

Me - Late? For what Vringana?

I say finally giving up being stubborn.

Daasi - Princess, don't you know? Maharaj Ashwatthama is coming to see you.

Me - What! I am pretty sure it's for marriage right?

I say raging up.

Daasi - Sadly Yes, Rajkumari.

I am furious to know what made Pitashree think that I'll be okay with getting married at 19? When I after all I hate getting married at such a small age. And moreover! Ashwatthama!? That merciless fellow? Who is the biggest egoistic person in the whole universe!? I hate Ashwatthama more than anything else! And maybe being such a merciless fellow wasn't enough of a sin, he also had to be the best friend of Duryodhana! How could father ever think that I'll be okay with him?

Just because Pitashree and Guru Dronacharya are childhood best friends, that doesn't mean that Pitashree can give me to such a cheap person? I hate the Kauravas! I hate Duryodhana, the main reason for all the sins happening! I hate Ashwatthama! I am not going to marry such a guy. He is not made for me. This is the second time Ashwatthama has asked for my hand. Can't he understand that I said no?

I rushed from my chambers to Pitashree's Chambers. But unfortunately, he wasn't there.

Daasi - Rajkumari, please calm down. Maharaj won't be here, he would be down in the hall, Making all the arrangements for the guests.

Me - No Vringana! How do I tell Pitashree that I don't want to marry such a sinful man.

Daasi - Rajkumari, what would you do by finding Maharaj now?

Me - I would tell him that I don't want to marry that sinful person and that he should send Ashwatthama back-

Daasi - Would that be any kind of respect Rajkumari?

Me - N- no

I stutter. Daasi comes up to me and takes my hand.

Daasi - Rajkumari, I know you don't deserve Ashwatthama at all. There's someone else for you. But telling Maharaj alone about this won't be enough. If you open up on this matter in front of Ashwatthama that you don't wanna marry him, maybe at least for the sake of self respect he'll leave and never come back to you. Even Guru Dronacharya would understand you. Last time you talked about this to Pitashree alone, but that was of no use. If you sincerely tell Guru Dronacharya and Ashwatthama that you don't want this marriage, Guru Dronacharya would surely understand. By doing this, you are not putting pressure on you father and moreover Ashwatthama and Guru Dronacharya can leave in respect, you won't be disrespecting them.

I was stunned! She understood this situation more than me.

Me - Thank you Vringana! And from today you will be called as my Sakhi. The best guider after my Sakhi Radha and Sakha Krishna.

I say hugging her. I got in my Chambers and rushed in the Royal Bathroom with My Sakhi Vringana. Before they all layed me down in the huge bathtub, they mixed some rose smelled essence in the warm water with Rose's all around. They applied scrub on my whole body and did the Royal bathing process. As soon as I came out of the bathtub, few Daasi's came over to me with a steamer in thier hands.