The War Starts

I ran towards my horse stable with Gurudev and Madhava running behind me.

Madhava - Amare!

Tears ran down my cheeks. The only thing I wanted is to see was Pitashree right now. I untied the rope of Trishtubha, glancing back for once before I could hop on top of her.

Madhava - Stop it Amare! What's going on?!

He grasped my arm, making me face him.

Madhava - What's wrong Amare?

He asked, tears of concern being held in his eyes.

Me - Just let me go Madhav.

Madhava - Where are you off to?! Wha- what's going inside your head?! In this dark night you are going somewhere with Trishtubha alone?! And then you expect me to just let you go?!

Gurudev - Putri hold yourself, calm down!

Madhava - What happened Gurudev? What did you both conversate about? Why is she shaking?

Madhava questioned Gurudev, his arms firmly holding me close.

Gurudev - The letter...

Madhava - What letter?!

Nakula - Shri Krishna! I found this letter! Here...

Everyone gathered around us, it felt like I had lost hope. Madhava's eyes turned moist, with tracing each and every word written on the letter.

Madhava - Who sent this letter?

Gurudev - I found this in my tent Shri Krishna. Before I woke up, I guess one of my soldiers delivered this to me and left. We all are in grief but we cannot back up from this war Putri.

I turned my face aside, my fists clenched.

Madhava - Who delivered this letter to you Gurudev?

A commander stepped ahead, curtsy down before Madhava.

Commander - Shri Dwarka Dheesh, I am the gate keeper of Gurudev Dikshant's tent. A man came up to me asking me for water. Since no one was around, I decided to show him the well by myself. The second I returned back, I saw Gurudev reading this letter.

Madhava - Who was that man? What was he doing on this war land?

Commander - I asked him that question Shri Dwaraka Dheesh, but he was deaf and dumb.

Madhava - What?

I widened my eyes, getting a little suspicious.

Madhava - A deaf and dumb, and moreover at this war land... Where did he leave?

Commander -  Shri Dwaraka Dheesh, I thought I should send some of the soldiers with permission of Gurudev with him. Since him being alone in this war land was a threat to his own life. I gestured him to come with me to Gurudev's tent but he gestured me that he couldn't walk anymore. I returned back to well with two soldiers, but till then, he disappeared.

Madhava - Didn't you think it was suspicious?

Commander - I did Shri Dwaraka Dheesh. I even had a talk with Gurudev Dikshant about this, but before Gurudev could suggest a solution to us, including the allies,  Rajkumari Amaravati entered his tent where we were having a discussion about this. We had to leave the discussion mid way.

Madhava quirked his eyebrows towards me.

Madhava - This is planned.

Gurudev - How can you confirm this Shri Krishna?