Chapter Five

Abdullah's POV:

Another employer stood up to greet me. I didn't spare him a glance and swiped my hand in the air to acknowledge him. He sat back down while I kept on walking towards my office, my polished shoes clicking on the shiny marble floor making a noise that filled in the quiet workplace.

I passed the long line of cabins aligned with each other on both sides. The walls of the great building strongly screamed 'success' which I knew was because of my efforts. Before my dad handed me the authority of the company, it was nothing more than just a normal textile company but at that time, it was one of the greatest companies in New York and it was due to my hard work.

I opened the door and entered my room, passing Stella, my personal assistant. "Don't let anyone disturb me. Tell them I'm not feeling well if they persist." I ordered her before going inside and plopping down on my office chair tiredly.

That girl had become the center of my thoughts and it was annoying. No one in my life had ever said such words to me and I couldn't let a random girl intrude in my life and insult me the way she did. The worst thing was that I had to please mom by taking her responsibility so my position wasn't under threat again.

I turned around on my chair to face the large window that was the size of a wall and looked outside. The other tall buildings that were once greater than us, were now eating the dirt under our feet. Honestly, it was my great achievement and I felt no hesitation to be proud of my work.

But that girl, Maryam.

Ugh!

I closed my eyes and rubbed my temples to get rid of the headache I had since morning. The events of last night were mentally tiring. Suddenly a rosy scent hit my nose and I felt slender arms wrap themselves around my neck. The chest of a girl met with my back and I quickly turned around to see who it was.

Reddish-brown hair and slightly tanned skin with narrow chocolate brown eyes, enclosed by long lashes. The beautiful girl that hugged me from behind wore a knee-length fluffy skirt under a white loose shirt with a deep neck.

"Noor," my face lit up at her sight and I removed her arms from my neck and brought them in front of me, taking her hands in mine. She had very long sharp nails that were painted an extremely eye-catching hot pink color.

"You look tired, Abdullah." she pouted at me, running her hands through my hair, ruffling it. "I am. My wife–" I was cut off by her when she put a finger over my lips. "Don't call her that. She's not your wife and I won't accept her as one." Noor grumbled, moving away.

I smiled at her, liking the jealous look on her pretty face. "Yes, she isn't. Only you have the right to own me as your husband." I pulled her cheeks and she grinned victoriously. "Get rid of her already, Abdullah. I can't stand the thought that you have to live in the same house as another girl." she huffed at me.

I took her by her shoulders and brought her close to me. "You know I can't do that. My parents will take away my position as the CEO. I wouldn't have had it any other way if that wasn't the case." I assured her, planting a kiss on her forehead. She rolled her eyes. "Ugh, this is so annoying."

I laughed at her a little because honestly, she looked so cute when she sulked like that but then I remembered something. "Speaking of marriage..." I started, turning a bit serious and looking at her straight in her brown eyes. "Why don't you consider my marriage proposal again–" before I could continue, Noor, cut me off by raising a hand in the air as if demanding me to stop.

"Not this again, Abdullah." she snapped, scowling at me and freeing herself from my hold. She turned her back towards me and folded her arms over her chest. "But why not? We've been together for two years now and we can't live without each other at this point. We'll get married secretly. No one will have to know." but she wasn't taking it.