Chapter Six

Third Person's POV:

Maryam rushed back inside her room, panting heavily. Once she was out of his sight, she calmed down and face palmed herself. It didn't even occur to her once that Abdullah could be there. If she had known that there was even a minor possibility of that happening, she would have worn proper clothes.

It was such a bummer that her quiet time was interrupted by him but it was even worse that he saw her in that state. She only wore those clothes when she was alone in the room. Her face was still beetroot red and her heart was pounding out of her chest. Her dress was anything but appropriate and he was the first man to see her in that.

She just couldn't forget the look on his face when he looked at her. It was almost as if... As if... He was checking her out. The way he looked at her in fascination made her heart skip a beat involuntarily. She tried to shake off the feeling but honestly, she felt a little giddy. He was her husband after all and there wasn't anything wrong with him checking her out like that.

But!

She quickly got a hold of herself.

He's a jerk!

She wasn't going to think of him in that way because it'll end up hurting her eventually. His harsh words and attitude towards her, she couldn't forget all of it. In fact, it was a good thing he saw her like that. Then, he'd realize what he's been missing but when he does, she won't be so forgiving.

Back at Abdullah's room, Zain pulled out a slice of pizza when Abdullah entered the room. "I was just waiting for you. Come on, let's dig in." he offered stuffing his face with a bite. Abdullah raised an eyebrow at him, still feeling a bit fuzzy after that sight he witnessed.

"It's already here?" he asked, sitting down with his golden brown-haired friend. Zain was from Kashmir and his golden-brown eyes and hair made it evident. He wasn't very handsome but the striking color of his eyes and silky hair made him stand out. In addition to that, his goofy and cheerful personality made him more appealing to women not to mention, his kind nature. Abdullah was the total opposite of him, with black hair and dark green eyes. His complexion was a bit pale as well and he mostly remained quiet and serious, coming off as unfriendly.

"You know I have my ways," Zain told him. "Where did you go, by the way?" he asked his friend, who was still thinking about Maryam. "I just went to the balcony to get some air." He told him, trying hard not to spill more than needed because he was sure that Zain would never let him off if he got the slightest hint that Abdullah had an awkward moment with Maryam.

"Oh," fortunately, Zain was busy with his food so he didn't pay much mind to it. There was a moment of silence between the two which Abdullah broke after thinking about something. "I talked to Noor today," he told him. Zain looked up at his friend and frowned with his mouth full. "You do that every day," he pointed out, making Abdullah shake his head in no.

"Yeah, I know but I talked to her about marriage again." that got him interested and he leaned closer to hear him out properly. "You're still trying to talk her into it even after she rejected you like that?" he spoke disapprovingly because he never liked Noor.

Zain always thought that Noor was just playing around with him and Abdullah didn't need to get so serious about her. He was sure that Noor accepted to be his girlfriend just to have a good experience out of it, nothing more. And initially, Abdullah thought the same but recently, he noticed that the way he was falling in love with her every day, she was also considering him more than just a 'good experience'.

"She didn't reject me. She just wasn't ready for marriage." Abdullah said it like he was assuring himself more than Zain who looked at him with a look of disappointment. Zain was about to advise Abdullah to steer clear of that cunning woman but he stopped himself, knowing that Abdullah didn't like it when he insulted her.