02

Laiah

Something was wrong, terribly wrong.

I could feel it, everyone was watching me quite strangely and I didn't like it. "Get back to work!" I ordered and left to Kitchen Bleu wanting to busy myself with work but my tracks were cut short by the owner of the building; he was accompanied by another woman that I didn't really want to pay attention to.

Why was he even here? He never really come here unless something was wrong which meant that something was wrong and it involved me.

"Greetings Willow. I'd like it if you stepped into my office for a while." He didn't wait for a response ,he turned heading straight to his office which was a floor above the restaurant.

I followed silently, unsure of what to say. I knew that he'd never fire me so I shouldn't be this worried.

The woman was following us as well and she too kept silent. I took a moment to actually look at her. She wasn't at a all ugly, with her dark brown hair and eyes, there was something snobby yet baby like about her. I wasn't one to judge people but something told me that I wouldn't like her.

" You're probably wondering why you're here." Mr, Mcflair said as he sat on his leather seats.

"I'd like this too be quick as possible. Help is needed at the kitchen, it's a busy day." I answered.

" Oh the kitchen should be least of your worries. Remember the contract you signed a month back? " How could I forget the way too generous offer he gave me. I was to become some celebrity's personal chef for a month in Miami, Florida.

I nodded in response.

"Good. Meet Ms. Bakes, your client. You'll be leaving for Miami Tomorrow afternoon so you have the rest of the evening to get ready." He says .

Bakes? The name sounded familiar but I couldn't quite put my finger on it." Okay sir but when will I meet this Ms. Bakes?"

"She's right here,"he says pointing to the lady who still remained silent.

"Nice to meet you," I said stretching my hands out, waiting on her to shake it. Instead she sneered at me , handed me a card and left.

I placed the card on my pocket not bothering to watch it. " Is it too late to back out? No offense but she seemed a little stuck up."

Mcflair laughs and says," she can be like that sometimes but you'll get used to it
Besides you're hired to cook not to become friends."

He was right. I've dealt with a lot of people like her during my years working here. The richer the person, the snobbier they are and I've learnt to ignore them and focus on the thousands of dollars I earn in a month. This should be easy." You're right. I'll be leaving now."

I left him alone I'm his office and made way to outside of the building. I opened the exit door, expecting to feel the cool summer air but instead I collided with someone, falling flat on my bum.

I looked up and saw no one other then Ms. Bakes. I've only met this woman once but I'm starting to think that the scold she wore was her normal face.

I half expected her to help me get up but instead she turned around, flipped her hair and walked to her expensive looking car.

She really was a bitch!

The bitch that I'd be living with for the next month. God I hope she wasn't the type to fuck someone new every night! I wouldn't be able to handle it.

"Need any help?" I heard a voice say from above me.

I stared at the owner of the voice. He was very pretty with his short brown hair and dark eyes. I could tell he was gay due to his crop top and heels." What are your pronouns?"

As homophobic as my parents were I was surprisingly open-minded and had great respect for people regardless of their sexual orientation," He is fine." That's was when I heard it , the slight difference in his voice.

" D'accord. Je voulais juste être certain." It had been a long time since I last spoke the french language and I was so excited.

" Tu parle français?"he asked surprised.

"Oui. I learned it in highschool." I smiled.

" Waw. Most never actually learn the foreign language taught in school. I struggled with spanish." He laughs.

" el español es más fácil que el francés. " I replied.

"No fucking way! You speak spanish as well? Next thing you know you're talking in dutch!" He jokes.

" Misschien zal ik.." I was enjoying this way too much.

" Well fuck me! How many languages do you speak?" He asked amazed.

It was strange, no one ever looked at he like that...ever." I speak 13 languages."

"13! That's amazing! Maybe you could teach my boyfriend and I a few things." He suggest," here give me your hands."

Confused I gave him my hands and when I felt him pulling me up was when I realized that I was still on the ground." Thanks."

"No problem but it's getting late, here have my number, maybe we could hang out sometime." He handed me a card , offered me a smile and walked away.
.

.

.

I opened the door to my little cottage, hung my bag on the hook near the door , removed my shoes , stroller myself off my clothes and threw myself on the sofa.

I won't be here tomorrow night. I just hope that the place we'd be staying at will atleast be comfortable. My mind went back to the office and how she looked at me, with pure hatred.

Was she racist?

I hope not, I wouldn't be able to control myself if she was racist.

Why are you thinking about her anyway, you don't think of Mcflair? The realistic part of me thought. But it wasn't exactly wrong, I've never thought about any of my clients so why did this one seem to have affected me?

Probably because she's a bitch.

Yeah maybe that's what. With her vintage attire; a large black hat, a pair of lacey gloves, a plain white long sleeved blouse, a pencil skirt that reached below her knees and a stiletto heel. She would have made the perfect planters wife, and I'd be the good servant that pleases her. Hopefully I don't poison her.

I checked the my phone, searching for any form of notification but all I got was a notification from Wattpad and I was in no mood to read, I was exhausted and felt like if just run a marathon. It was 9pm, usually I'd be working but 8 got the chance to sleep so I'm gonna take it.

Lucky for me I didn't need to pack, I already had a suitcase packed just incase there was a massive alien invasion and I needed to leave the country.

This was going to be a very long month, I thought as I let the sleep take over.