09

Laiah

I've been here for a week and life as I knew it was not the same. I couldn't pin point what was going on but there were two things I knew for certain.

None of these people here were humans.

Neither was I.

There was something, a beast within me. I've seen things, heard things that I haven't before. It sounds crazy but the world felt different. That wasn't the only thing that changed. I've been hornier than I'd ever been in my entire life.  We've been having sex at least three times a day. No matter how many times I came nothing changed. In fact I craved it even more which scared me. 

At first I thought it was because this was actually my first time having any sexual relationship with a woman but I soon realized that I wasn't attracted to anyone besides Aura. I've tried masturbating to lesbian porn like I always did but the only thing I felt was disgust. I felt like I was cheating on her even if we weren't in a relationship.

Lately I've been so possessive of her. I lost count of the times were I actually held my hands to prevent me for killing someone because they who touched her. It was maddening. I needed to be next to her, I craved her attention and love and it was scaring me.

" Why are the rogues attacking the Midnight Pack?" 

Aura was at it again. Stressing over some pack...whatever that meant. It was odd that  could feel everything that she was and shared her thoughts. I was just done preparing the lunch and decided to confront her about it. It was driving me crazy. I marched up the stairs, going straight to her office not bothering to knock.

Unlike every other time I had come to visit her, she was not alone. There was a man with her and he wasn't her father.

"Who are you." I demanded making direct eye contact with him

He stared at me with a stupid smile on his face I knew I had nothing to worry about. It was then I noticed the similarities, he was basically the female version of Aura, except his eyes were baby blue and his hair was blonde.

" Hello Tobias." I greeted him with what I hope was a welcoming smile.

His eyes widen," how did you know my name? My father knew me since birth and still can't tell the difference between me and my brother."

I shrugged as I sat next to Aura on the sofa.

" You already know my name, I'm guessing you're Laiah?" He chuckled extending his hands for me to shake.

I stared at it for a few seconds before shaking. There was an immediate change in the atmosphere, a course of energy ran through my body and my blood ran cold.

Something was wrong but I couldn't figure out where or what the problem was. I looked around, looking for any clue. It  wasn't until I looked at Tobias's stomach and actually see his organs like I had cut him open.

I blinked a few times to ensure that I was indeed awake.

It was then I saw a baby, a tiny baby but it was blue and it soul was fading away. I couldn't  figure out what was wrong.

He's dying. An unfamiliar voice answers. I looked around the room once more, searching for the person who could offer such information.

You won't find me here silly. I'm in your mind. He giggled.

Great! Just great now I'm hearing voices.

This child is dying, he has no heart. He explains further.

No heart! That doesn't make any sense! How did she survive all this time without one?

Babies aren't born with hearts, it grows as they develop it in the womb but this little guy here isn't growing as he should.