41

Laiah

I waited until Riley was completely out of sight before I entered the pack gates. It was then I really took a moment to absorb my surrounding, everything was oddly still, and there was no one in sight. I knew better than to believe that everyone in the pack had made it to safety.

 At first I thought the entire pack was aflame but as I walked by I realized that only one are was actually in flames; the training grounds. I raced towards it hoping that what I wasn't too late.

"Shit!" I exclaimed as I stood near the edge of the training field. It was not what I was thinking, this really was out of the box. Each member both male and female, young and old stood frozen on the field, with a zombie like look on their faces.

"Tobias?" I cried out as I recognized him from the crowd. I walked closer, passing through the large dead mob and began shaking him wishing that he'd be removed form the trance he was in. I tried possessing him like I had done the last time but I found myself struggling, it was no use.

"What's happening?" I whispered.

I knew the only way that I could obtain an answer was by speaking to the one in control of it all, Saka, but where was she? Was this it? Was I too late?  Then suddenly the entire crowd of people began shifting, in all directions. I quickly ran to the edge not wanting to be caught up in it all. 

If this was a normal occasion I would applaud and holler at the great coordination of the people, it was almost as if they rehearsed this but I knew that someone was controlling them.

"Come now children, don't be scared." A familiar voice says. As on queue more people emerged from the forest, breaking the concrete walls as the walked passed, coming to join the others.

"Together we will end as one, "the chanted as the came forward.

"Yes you will my loves . It's kind of saddening really but we all know the world will be better without your existence. MURDERS! That's what you are but soon you all will face the necessary punishment...extinction," she growls.

 I had to admit I did shiver a bit at the number. " This needs to stop." I said .

"SAKA!" I called out not knowing any other way to get her attention since I couldn't find her anywhere.

"Hold on darlings, it looks like someone is here." and once again everyone was once again frozen and I was in the center of it all.

Then she came floating forward in all her glorifying beauty, wearing a silver laced dress, looking almost mythical. She really was a beauty and haven't seemed to age a bit. 

"Who are you?' she hissed landing directly in front of me.

"Should I really answer that? "I thought to myself. If I saw my son butchered in his crib and suddenly after years of grieving and destroying people's lives some girl claims to be my son I most definitely will not believe them.

"Well child, Who are you? I don't have all day." She tapped her feet impatiently.

Still I couldn't find out a way to actually go about this.

"I sense a power from within you and I'd be lying if I said that I didn't need it but don't worry child. It will only hurt only just... a lot really but for you my child I'll make it quick." she smiles almost as if she's giving me the greatest offer.

"Why? what's the point of all this?" I asked cautiously in a tone to not anger the unpredictable woman.

She wasn't the only woman who lost a child through murder why was she the one destroying the world?" Why must you destroy everyone's happiness all because you lost one child?"