03

Aura

Ever since I was a pup, I was always the strongest of my litre, the Alpha female. Now every other one of my seven siblings were happily married with their precious mates while I was stuck running the business; not that I minded really. I liked not having a mate, or the responsibility of raising a family, I had enough family members at that.

My parents always tried to encourage me to find someone to settle down with as my other siblings but honestly no one was that interesting, not romantically, friendly, emotionally ..any ally. I never felt the urge to want to know something besides their last name or they worked for.

With my social status and billions of dollars the male gender thinks it'll be a good idea to marry me and claim the dominant role in the relationship (since women are incapable of running a business). The females on the other hand see me as a golden opportunity, a sugar mommy ( if that's a thing). Thankfully my bitchiness was is enough to send them running so I kept myself that way utter very few words and keeping the ' I rule the world attitude' .

" Ms. Bakers, you're scheduled to a meeting with Mr. Mcflair." My secretary Mary said entering my office unannounced.

I turned my chair slowly to face her, keeping my facial expression neutral and spoke calmly," what have I said about entering my office without my permission?"

"N-not to do it." She stutters afraid of what I'd do next.

"Just leave. I don't want to see you till I come back next month."

She hurried out of the room like I'd beat her if she didn't. I need really understood the fear that all my workers held for me. I've never once shouted, yelled or did anything spiteful. My brother said it had something to do with my resting bitch face... Whatever that meant.

It's been a while since I last saw them or since they last picked up my phone calls. Sure I didn't want a romantic partner but werewolves were always family creatures, afterall we're stronger together.

I really missed them.

I picked up my phone, clicked on my mother's contact waiting for her to pick up the phone.

She didn't .

It went straight to voicemail and so did everyone else's. Guess everyone was too busy to answer my call.

.

.

.

The entire day passed with me drowning myself in work. I didn't need to be reminded that my family didn't care about me. I knew if I kept idle my thoughts would swallow me whole and I'd probably do something very self destructive.

It was almost 7 pm which meant that I was meeting with Mcflair soon. I closed the portfolio promising myself that I'd finish reading when I got home . I took my bag and keys , locked my office and made way to the exit.

"Hey Ma." I smiled at my gold Ferrari. It was my first car and I still used it after 10 years." We're going to a stupid meeting that I don't really want to go to but I really need this chef because I really won't have the time to cook for the very recurring guests."

It was an old habit of mine, talking to my car but Ma understands me and has never once let me down. I turned on the ignition and headed to Pearls.

Not long after I find myself at the entrance of the elegant building, scolding as I remembered last night's events.

After a long day of work I'd went to this particular restaurant, only to find that the desserts were completely done. Although I did went late the restaurant closed at 12am not 11:30pm ( the exact time that I ordered a strawberry cheesecake) , therefore there should be meals available for the customers. To make matters worst the chef was rude and didn't cater to my needs. Ms.Willows was the name that the fidgety waiter called when I asked for the name of the chef.

I didn't bother cause problems that night so I waited patiently for the right time to bring this up to Mcflair. I immediately went to his office, waltzing like I owned the place ( I could but I didn't see the need to).

" Aura darling what brings you here." The middle aged man asked.

" Cut the bullshit! You know why I'm here." I hated when people dragged things.

" Right. Your Chef is out in the kitchen at the moment. Would you like to meet with her?" He smiled.

"Sure. it's best that I see who I'd be leaving with tomorrow afternoon,12pm to be exact," I replied.

" Tomorrow!" He exclaimed, looking all shocked.

"This a human being not an amazon shipment, I shouldn't need to come weeks in advance. Afterall it only takes an hour to pack." I answered no really caring how insensitive I sounded.

" As you wish Miss. I'll call her up." He says reaching out to grab the phone but I slapped him a bit too hard on his arms causing him to abruptly stop and stare at me.

"No, we'll go to her."

The walk to the kitchen area was surprisingly lengthy I'd expect it to be shorter since we were in the same building but apparently it too 5 long minutes to get there.

I'd have to admit that the kitchen did smell lovely, almost made me hungry,maybe I should order something.

"There she is," he whispers luckily for me I had amazing hearing thanks to my wolf and heard .

" Greetings Willow, I'd like if you step in my office for a moment." His tone when he spoke with his workers were quiet different than the one he spoke to me; he seemed so certain of everything not at all afraid, but I tend to have that effect.

By this time everyone was staring probably thinking the worst, it was then I took the moment to meet my worker. I raised my head and it was then I smelt it, a sweetness almost like a jolly ranchers, a metallic jolly rancher. And it was coming from the woman, the dark skin goddess.

Goddess?

Never in my life had I ever called someone beside myself a goddess.

As we walked away from the kitchen I could feel her eyes on me but it unlike everyone else I couldn't smell arousal. She wasn't sexually attracted to me.

I didn't know why this made me feel somewhat disappointed, I usually liked it when people were not sexually attracted to me (not like anyone was).

"Good.Meet Ms. Bakes, your client. You'll be leaving for Miami Tomorrow afternoon so you have the rest of the evening to get ready." I was busy thinking of the girl that I forget about this meeting entirely.