Interview

Charlotte waited in her 'office', aka the chair at the register. A pile of papers were in front of her in which the new arrivals of the month were listed. She was focused on checking which ones had already come into the store using the delivery registry and a blue high-lighter. It was 3:fortysomething according to her mind clock, and she knew the person was supposed to arrive at four. Lyndsay Gunther. What the fuck type of name was that? Were they swedish or something? Charlotte didn't care. She planned on inspecting said person head to toe to find any reason to not hire them. Any reason that Michelle would find believable that is, seeing as stating 'I don't like them' wouldn't cut it.

Ding-a-ding-ling.

The all-seeing bell had declared it. Someone had entered the store. She craned her neck to get a better view from her sitting position. A girl had walked into the store. A cute one. She had soft dark brown eyes, a jawline comparable to diamonds, and even from that distance Charlotte could tell her skin was soft. But her hair was the best part. It was shaved a little bit on the side, with the eyebrow matching. She had a dark blue, almost black, button down flannel and a Green Day shirt. Probably some punk chic looking for a CD. Or a hipster looking for records. Maybe it was a dyke in shining armor. 'Control your gay' Charlotte mumbled. The girl turned and saw her. 'Shit, she heard me' Charlotte said, to herself this time. She smiled her usual new customer smile. 'Hi, Welcome to Stereo Sound. Do you need help finding anything?' The girl walked towards Charlotte and smiled. 'Yes, hi. I'm Lyn, I'm here for the job interview.' Charlotte kept on smiling, but on the inside she thought shit, I never thought she would be cute . 'Yes of course. I'm Charlotte, and I'm going to ask you a couple of questions to, you know, know if it's a good idea to hire you. We received your files and everything seems to be in order so let's start'. Charlotte tried to sound casual. She had rehearsed the whole speech to hide the fact that she didn't want anyone near her store with the intention of being the HELP that was WANTED.

But Lynn seemed cool, yet she wasn't sure. All she knew about her is that she was pretty. And liked Green Day. Charlotte took out the proper hiring document and a pen. She filled up the document as she talked with Lynn.

-Full name? Lyndsay Gunther
-Age? Twenty
-Past experience in any working area? Nope, unless you count a lemonade stand
-Play any instrument? What?
-It's a music store, we also sell instruments and gear. So? Oh, I play guitar, acoustic and electric, been playing for nine years
-Good. Ever been arrested? I've only gotten a couple of tickets
-Do you have a car? Yes. Parked outside
-Do you go to school or any other classes? Online college, and zero friends in town so far
-You just moved in, huh? Charlotte said off the record, in an almost friendly way. 

'Yeah, is it that obvious?' Lyn laughed a little. You got moxie, kid. Charlotte thought. Whatever the hell that is. 'Well, since you have given me no reason to not hire you, I guess you're hired. I'll get the paperwork ready and you can start tomorrow. I'd give you the grand tour of the store, but I'm doing paperwork and it's not very grand anyways, but you can look around' Lynn smiled to her ears and said in a really excited voice "Really?". Charlotte was unamused, but smiled back to humor Lynn. 'Really.'