Oh, Lucifer.

Luke was slurping on a medium size cherry coke drink, not caring about the disgusted looks he was getting from not only one, but two cute girls. They gave each other 'Why are we dealing with this?' looks. He looked up, straw still in his mouth looking at both girls with those green eyes of his.

"Do?" He said, though he probably meant 'so?'. They were at a little restaurant where they decided to talk things over, catch up, and generally sort things through, as this was clearly a situation they needed getting used to. It was nothing too fancy, but classier than a fast food restaurant. Charlotte like it because it served vegan food, and as a vegan, she cared about this things.

"By the way, I didn't get to say what I came to the store to say. Happy Birthday Lottie. I know it's in a few days, but I wanted to surprise you" He smiled, once he was done with his drink. The food still hadn't arrived, so they were just sitting waiting for their respective meals.

"Thanks Lucifer. I appreciate the thought." Charlotte said, with a thankful smile, but not without a hint of sadness. So far he was the only one who had said anything about her birthday.

Lynn raised her eyebrows. They were that close? Nicknames and driving hours for birthdays spent together. That pretty much means a very close friendship. Charlotte managed herself differently around him, more laid back and open. And apparently she didn't mind being called 'Lottie' by him. Guess you never know someone until you see them with their best friends.

"So, tell me about you guys. You met at camp you said?" Lynn inquired curiously, wishing to find out more about the unlikely pair. "Yeah, we were kids spending the summers together. He totally had a crush on me, but I turned him down when I realized I was gay and he realized it was never gonna happen."

"We were each other's first kiss actually." Luke said casually, as if it meant nothing being someone's first kiss, and it probably had meant nothing to then. "He kissed me when we were twelve, and asked if I could be his girlfriend, and I punched him in the nose." Both of them laughed about it.

"Bitch broke my nose" he said in between chuckles. Charlotte retaliated. "Best day ever. Not the kiss, I mean punching him in the nose. Ah, childhood memories."

She said with such a contagious laugh that Lynn joined in. As they were all smiles and stories, their food arrived and they dug into their plates. Luke had ordered a burger with fries and got a refill for his cherry coke. Lynn had a slice of italian pizza with breadsticks and lemonade. Charlotte had settled for ravioli, salad and an iced tea.

As they ate, Luke and Charlotte, who referred to each other as 'Lucifer' and 'Lottie', told Lynn about Camp Takota, made for hyperactive kids whose parents wanted to keep them busy. Basically three weeks of hidden junk food, outdoor activities, badly made arts and crafts, and avoiding counselor Jenny. It was the best summer you could have, according to the couple of friends. Lynn could only imagine what type of shenanigans ten to fourteen years old could get up to in that camp.

Lynn was thinking that Luke ad moved on for good since he hadn't asked Lynn anything regarding her love life. Good for him. She thought. She thought too soon, though. After they were catching up, Luke noticed something he hadn't before.

"Are those hickeys?" Shit. Lynn didn't know what to reply. She should be able to comfortably reply that yes, she had a sex life and it was none of his business, but he didn't know what Charlotte had said to him. He had mentioned that Andrea had talked about her, but had she told him she was seeing a girl? She didn't know, so she just replied defensively. "None of your business, as a matter of fact."

"Aw, come on, Lynn, tell me. I deserve to know at least who this bastard is. I swear I won't attack him or anything. I'm getting over you."

Lynn sighed and stared at Charlotte, as if mentally asking 'Should I?'. She responded by simply nodding with an 'aidonnow, your call'. "Her name is Andrea" she said, emphasizing the 'Her'.

"She's a girl." Luke slowly pointed out the obvious. Lynn just nodded quietly. "And I really like her, we've been going out for some time now".

"So, you're what? Bi?" He inquired, processing the information. Lynn casually replied. "I would say I'm pansexual, I don't know really."

"Wait a minute, Luke turned to Charlotte with a concerned expression, does she know?" He asked pointing to Lynn. "About what?" She asked slightly confused.

"That you have a crush on her." Luke said to Charlotte, completely ignoring the fact that Lynn was in earshot.

"She does now." Charlotte said, trying to control her anger and embarrassment. "You know Lucifer, you're honest, but you never were the smartest" And she stormed out.

The table was now quiet. Lynn just stared at her drink unsure of what to do. So, she was being honest when she was high. Fuck.

Luke just stared down at his lap, since he was sitting down and sighed. "She's right, I never was that smart. I fucked shit up, right?" He asked, mostly to himself rather than to the girl sitting with him.

"I don't know. Ask her. You know what? I'll go to her." Lynn said, leaving in the same manner as Charlotte had. By that I mean, dramatically standing up and almost knocking out the chair, only to hurry away afterwards.

Luke sat there, blankly staring at his empty plate. He knew he had been an idiot by just saying it like that. He was used to being brutally honest, and it sometimes landed him in trouble, but he charmed his way out of it, usually. But he knew this time he really screwed his friend over emotionally. As he sat there sadly contemplating what had just happened, he got even sadder realizing he had to pay the tab.