Fuck you

"Lyndsey!" was the first thing she heard when she entered the store, immediately recognizing the voice as one belonging to her favorite redhead. That would be special if she knew more than one redhead. She turned to her, having planning every word of how the conversation they were about to have would play out. But upon seeing her warm hazel eyes stare at her, all of that planning seemed useless, knowing she couldn't begin to think about what she planned to say when she melted into those eyes. She had planned to be cold, direct, and brutally honest and tell Charlotte that she didn't have any feeling for her, and they should just forget the kiss, and carry on with their lives. But that would be lying, and Lynn's mom taught her better than lying to a girl she loved. Her mom had used the word 'man', but same shit, right? Lynn found it wasn't the same shit, because breaking up with Luke had been a piece of cake compared to how she felt now when she wasn't even breaking up with Charlotte. Her intentions were simply to keep a distance between them, and that felt tenfold harder.

"Hey" she responded, not knowing how to approach the girl in front of her. 'Hey' was all she could think of, chastising herself for taking a quick glance at her lips, which she now knew actually tasted like cherry chapstick. Hmm, guess Katy deserved more credit for realistic writing.

"We need to talk, like now. About what happened." Charlotte said with a hint of urgency to her voice. Lynn wasn't ready to confront her feelings just yet, so she took a sideways glance at the door hoping a customer would miraculously appear to avoid doing so. Apparently, it was her lucky day. A man in his early thirties walked through the threshold and Lynn thanked her lucky angels, which she had stopped believing in years ago.

"How about we talk at the end of the day? We have customers." Lynn said, hoping Charlotte would accept her proposition, to which she reluctantly agreed, sensing Lynn wasn't ready. She knew her too well.

At the end of the day when the neon sign at the front of the door that informed the public that the store was open had been turned off, and said door had been locked, is when the awkward atmosphere that had surrounded them when they met earlier that day enclosed them again, telling them that they needed to talk. The two girls headed towards the break room, like they usually did at the end of the day to head out of the store through the back door, but this time they stopped and faced each other before actually heading out.

"So, we're here again." Lynn said, breaking through the silence that enclosed them like glass. Charlotte looked at her sheepishly, and looked down when replying. "But I don't think there's a chance of doing what we did last time, huh?"

Lynn chuckled at the remark, finding herself glad to joke about the situation, even when she knew she had to keep her distance to avoid developing more feelings for her.

"Not a chance." She said in the same manner as Charlotte. "So, we agree, no more kissing. Good. That was easier than I thought." She said relief.

Charlotte raised an eyebrow accompanied with a small smirk indicating curiosity. "What exactly was easier?"

Lyndsey let out a sigh, which lasted longer than she intended. And was also louder. "I kinda wanted to tell you we needed to keep some distance, and you easily agreed, so that was easy."

"Lyndsey, I'm all about spending hours with you stacking CDs, but if it were to make you uncomfortable you know I'd do my best to keep my distance. Why did you think it would be hard for me to agree?"

"It's not that it was hard for you to agree, it was hard for me to ask, mostly because I don't want to be away from you, but I have to. I'm Andrea's girlfriend. I have to stay loyal. But honestly, those eyes and witty remarks of yours make it hard."

Charlotte looked surprised, not only because of what clearly were compliments, borderline hitting on her, but what she said about being loyal. Lyndsey wasn't the type of hunan to let herself be controlled by other humans because they were dating. She usually did what she wanted, regardless of what others said. And that scared Charlotte a little. Before being able to reply and warn her about Andrea, which was what she originally intended the conversation to be about, Lyndsey talked again.

"What am I even saying?" She muttered, mostly to herself. "This is why I need to keep my distance. I love Andrea, I can't go around telling girls they have pretty eyes. No matter how much they need to hear it."

"Lyndsey, speaking of Andrea, there's something you need to know about her. I know you think you love her, but I don't think she can be trusted." Lynn's expression had changed from flushed to concerned. What was Charlotte talking about?

"Yesterday she came to the store and..." she didn't have a chance to continue, because Lyndsey's voice took over. "No, she couldn't. She told me she was sick and staying home all day because she didn't want to infect me. Why would she be at the store if she knew I wasn't working yesterday?"

Charlotte let the interruption slip, knowing there were more important things to point out. She had to expect at least some resistance from Lyndsey when telling her the truth about Andrea, but she didn't expect it to be this soon into the warning. And she sure as hell hoped it wouldn't be as persistent, she thought irritably.

"Well if she was sick it didn't seem like it when she pressed her lips against mine. If she had been sick, then I would be a sneezy mess right now." She snapped back, raising her volume unintentionally. She didn't want to deal with Andrea's innocent act she had Lyndsey believing.

"What?!" Lynn shouted, barely believing the words coming out of Charlotte's mouth, let alone the tone. She had to be lying, Andrea wouldn't kiss someone else, she loved her. She had to, right? If not, why else would she have stayed with Lynn if she had cheated? This can't be true. She didn't know why Charlotte would lie, but it was best to believe that than what she had just heard.

"That can't be true. She wouldn't lie to me. Maybe she had forgotten I wasn't there. Maybe she wasn't there at all and you're just making this up." Lynn angrily replied, desperate to believe her own words, convinced that if she said them loud enough somehow Charlotte would take back what she had said earlier.

"Lynn, I'm not lying. She was here with her bike, her heels and that blue leather jacket." Lynn was taken aback, realizing the blue leather jacket she had mentioned was the jacket Andrea had been wearing when she left her house yesterday. That could only mean Charlotte had seen Andrea somehow, and since Charlotte would never leave the store unattended, that meant she had been there. A lump formed on her throat, threatening to take her words out of her mouth if she didn't speak soon. But she did. And regretted it immediately. But she wasn't taking it back.

"You're just jealous! You probably kissed her against her will, like you did to me!"

Charlotte was speechless, unsure of what to say. She thought she was lying when she was actually looking out for her. Her anger rised and swelled up in her, and she just wanted to scream. How could Lyndsey be so naive and trust Andrea, who Charlotte was pretty convinced border lined psychopath.

"Hey, I was just looking out for you. But I don't care anymore. Do what you want, can't wait to see you walk through that door and tell me I was right!" She yelled back, not being able to contain her anger at the accusation of petty jealousy. But she was also hurt at the mention of the kiss being forced upon Lyndsey, because she well knew now that she had responded the kiss and Lyndsey was just lashing out trying to hurt her.

"Get off your high horse, I'm happy with Andrea, and I barely got forgiven after that little stunt you pulled in here. I don't need you fucking up my relationship again!" Lyndsey said, clutching her bag tighter against her side, and heading towards the door, done with the conversation and generally done with dealing with Charlotte.

"Fine! Fuck you, Lynn!" Charlotte yelled when Lynn was out the door, halfway to her car. She angrily turned around, and snapped back at Charlotte before entering her car. "I bet you want to!"

The car had been out of the parking lot for a couple of minutes now, but Charlotte was still standing outside the break room door staring into the space Lindsey had left empty still panting and exhausted from their argument. Despite what had just happened and with what Lyndsey had accused her of she realized something. Lynn was correct. She did still want to.