It's a small world after all.

Andrea had left early in the morning after the two girls ate breakfast, consisting of french toast and eggs. Lynn had cleaned up the kitchen, showered and was currently getting ready for her work day. Looking at herself in the mirror she noticed small purplish marks her skin, especially on her neck and lower jaw. It was very hot out, and she would have to wear light small clothes to avoid a heat stroke, she just hoped no one noticed the love bites on her neck. Especially not Charlotte. God damn the California heat.

She had arrived to the store, leaving her car parked on its designated place, and made her way into the store. Charlotte was busy re-accommodating the entirety of the Gospel Records section. She would have to move the shelf because Michelle had ordered another due to Charlotte's complaint that there wasn't enough space. Charlotte certainly didn't think she had to move it herself.

"Need help with that?" Lynn asked to get the redhead's attention. She turned around a little surprised, thinking she was alone. "Yeah, sure. Thanks. Just put them in these boxes, then we'll move the shelf to leave space for the new one."

Charlotte immediately noticed Lynn's neck, and the hickeys that were on it. She decided not to comment, as she could only guess who put them there and that would only fuel her quiet jealousy. God, Isn't it messed up how I'm just dying to be her? She asked herself, thinking how happy she would be being the one leaving those marks on her neck.

Lynn decided to play 'Selfish Machines' by Pierce The Veil on the Miracle Machine, and she remembered her first date with Andrea. As they moved the records in comfortable quietness, and customers arrived and left, they got distracted in their own thoughts humming along to the record, when a voice only too familiar called Lynn's name.

She turned around, exhausted already, not from her work but for what was to come. "Luke" she replied, not sure what she was feeling. Surprised, annoyed, angry, sad, happy. Whatever. All she knew is that she didn't want him to cause a scene like he always did.

"What are you doing here?" She asked overwhelmed by the fact that he had found her. How? When? Why? Were the question going through her mind. "I was about to ask you that" he replied equally as confused.

"Luke! Hey, I didn't expect to see you" Charlotte said walking over to him with the intention of pulling him into a hug. Then she noticed the tense environment that suddenly encompassed them, and the death glare she was receiving from Lyndsey. She stopped dead in her tracks. "Charlotte, you know Luke?"

"Wait, how'd you know him?" Charlotte inquired accentuating te 'him' dumbfounded by the situation, eyebrows knitted together as if she was thinking very hard, and se probably was. "I think it's very clear that we all know each other." Luke said with a deadpanned expression.

"Ya think?" Lynn said. "You don't say?" Charlotte said, in unison with Lynn. Luke started laughing while the girls glared at him, then he did that thing that guys to with their hair to put his blond locks in place. "God, this is great." He said smiling.

Lynn sighed, she had no time to deal with this. "What are you doing here? And how do you know Charlotte?" She decided to answer this herself. "We went to summer camp together for several years. We became pretty close. Camp Takota has that effect on people. He usually comes to see me every once in a while, not at the store though. How do you two know each other?"

Lynn was analyzing the situation. Charlotte and Luke were friends? They seemed a very unlikely pair to say the least. And how had she not heard of that before. Maybe she had and she didn't remember. Or maybe she hadn't connected the dots. Probably the latter. She had very good memory. Oh right, Lottie the lesbian. Luke had mentioned her. Small world.

"We used to be in a relationship," Lynn slowly said. "and before you ask, we work together at this store." Now Luke was the most confused of them all. "Wait, so that Lyndsey girl you told me about. Lynn??" He asked pointing at her ex, eyes widening and mouth dropping, only realizing that he and his best friend were both into the same girl. And that girl was already dating someone.

A customer walked in and the confusion spell was broken. "We'll settle this later' kay? After the shift is done. We have a customer." Charlotte stated, while hurrying off to welcome a blonde woman with curly hair and a small child resembling her holding her hand.

an: oooh plot twist. i have no life. enjoy yours.
xx