Oscar: Where'd You Go?

I always thought I was the luckiest girl in the world. My boyfriend became a very successful footballer, he proposed to me in the cutest way, we had started our own family. I thought I was beyond lucky. But, I never thought about it in the way I should have.

Oscar, he plays for Chelsea Football Club, he became a starter for the club and signed a contract keeping him at Stamford Bridge for four years. Oscar was always very happy with that because we both had become rooted in England, especially London. We never had any plans on moving. Of course in the beginning we weren't sure how it was going to work out, but he became popular within the club. I was always thankful for his success.

After he signed his new deal, we decided it was the perfect time to get started on a family. It meant for some time were going to be in a single place, and we both mutually decided that if he was to ever leave Chelsea he would stay within England. So we had a little baby.

"Baby, don't be nervous, I'm going to be around and I will see every major and minor milestone in our kids lives. I promise."

Oscar promised me that. He told me that he was always going to be around and he would see our kids first steps, he would hear their first words, and he would be here experiencing it all with me. He promised me that. Maybe I'm being selfish but in a few years, Oscar's going to feel guilty when our kid asks what their first word was and he only knows because I told him. Or, while he's watching the video or seeing pictures of our child taking their first step, he would feel bad because he missed it.

"I will do everything in my power to be sure that I experience their milestones. I don't want to miss them either."

I believed him. I don't think I should have. I wake up every night because the baby is crying, and I get no rest. Oscar has to be at his best form for his career, and waking up at ungodly hours of the night to help with the newborn wasn't acceptable. I was beyond exhausted caring for the newborn every night. She would cry and I rushed up to get her so that Oscar could go back to bed. Oscar loves our kids, but I don't think he realizes how much effort goes into them. He never really helped with any of it.

As our kids grew older they became more and more resilient. I shouldn't have been okay with having them be only two years apart, because a four and six year old running around causing trouble together was tiring.

"I have to go to Brazil for a few days for the national team. I'd invite you along but it's going to be busy with the upcoming World Cup. It just wouldn't be worth bring the kids for that."

I got where he was coming from, but with the world cup coming up, he was missing weeks at a time, and when the World Cup did happen in Russia and Qatar, he was absent. The kids missed nearly two months of their schooling because of it, and in Qatar, it was even worse! It was a burden on them, but it was all okay because supporting their father was the most important thing at that moment. Again, maybe I'm being selfish, but Oscar missed our son's 10th birthday because of the World Cup.

I had to explain why his father couldn't be there, and a ten year old didn't get why his father couldn't just leave for the day and come celebrate with his son. It broke my heart to know how disappointed he was but he got older and understood. I adore Oscar and so do our children.

I rolled over in bed and felt the cold spot where Oscar would be sleeping. I sighed, but I knew he would be back home soon. He was in Madrid for the Champion's League. I miss him a lot during the season. A lot of traveling and time apart. But, it's worth it to see Oscar be so happy living his dream.

°°°°°°°°°°°°

Is this good? I don't know even know anymore! I was upset and then this happened. It's pretty ironic to be honest, Chelsea has become basically a huge part of my life and they won the Capitol one cup, and their game yesterday. But, yet, I'm still having the worst week of my life. Go figure.

Anyways.

WE'RE TOP OF THE LEAGUE

Don't forget if you have a footballer in mind, leave a comment for me so I know who to write about, and repeats can definitely be suggested!