Christian Pulisic: Graduation Lovin'

Looking in the mirror, I sighed. It was strange. I had my graduation gown on, and my cap on my head. The amount of times I have wanted to be able to see this, is unimaginable, but here I am, looking in the mirror and it seems foreign.

Thinking about the future ahead of me, nevertheless, is bright, but it's different. No more of the early mornings, I've come to hate, no more sitting in a room of people I don't really like, and no more hours of seemingly pointless work. I stared at my phone and waited. Finally, I just hit the call button.

"Christian?" I said into the phone.

"Hey! Aren't you supposed to be graduating?" Christian asked.

"Yeah, but you didn't text me and I got worried." I murmured.

"Baby, I'm sorry, but I had practice this morning, and then by the time I got out I knew you'd be busy." Cristian shared.

"I wish you could've come." I revealed.

"I know, me too, baby. I love you so much, though." Christian whispered.

"I better go." I sniffled.

I hung up the phone, and took a deep breath. I met Christian when he still lived in Pennsylvania. He left for Germany, and I miss him a lot, but in a few months I'm going to Germany with him. I thought he'd be here watching me graduate, but he got called up for Copa America Centreanrio. I sighed again and went to where I was supposed to be. I smiled as I hopped back into the line of people.

"Where were you?" Taylor, the girl behind me asked.

"I needed to use the bathroom." I lied.

Just as she started to say something else, we all were told to move. We walked out onto the field where the stage was set up, in the very specific way we were taught, and took our seats as the principle began narrating the ceremony.

I tuned out the drawn out beginning. I looked up in the crowd to find my family. I saw my dad with my brother, my mom and other brother were missing. I figured they were trying to get close to get a good picture. My brother waved at me, and I smiled.

I missed Christian though. I took my phone out on my lap and took a snapchat picture of me and a few people behind me. I tucked my phone away again and paid attention to the ceremony in time for the names to be called again.

I pushed Christian out of my head and began to feel all the euphoria. One of the many blessings of having a last name that begins with "B" is you usually get to be one of the first people.

My row stood up to be called next, and I was beaming already. I began inching my way forwards to be the next person on stage.

"Samantha Blaztuck." The principle said in the microphone.

I shook a hand, and then accepted my diploma, and smiled for the picture. I walked around everybody and then took my seat again. I stared at the piece of paper I've been working towards for thirteen years and smiled. However, there were still over 200 people to still go, so I texted Christian a picture of my diploma.

Finally, we were finished and after saying goodbye to everybody I had ever talked to since kindergarten, I went to search for my family. After wondering and not finding them, I called my to see where they were. I went to where she said they were and there they were!

I smiled at them.

"Congratulations!" My brother screeched.

After being engulfed in a hug from my family, they all stood back and stared at something behind me. I turned around.

"Christian?" I whispered.

Christian smiled warmly at me.

"Christian!" I screeched.

I ran and hugged him. Christian spun me in a circle.

"I brought these for you, but they're kind of crushed now." Christian chuckled.

"I thought I felt something prickly." I giggled.

I accepted his roses and turned back to my family.

"I hate you for not telling me!" I wailed.

"Why are you still recording?" I asked my mom.

They were still really silent and I looked at my brother, and he motioned to turn around. So I did.

My jaw dropped when I saw Christian with one knee of the ground and small box in his hand.

"Samantha, when I met you, I thought you were the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. As we started getting to know each other, I realized you were also sweet, funny and the type of funny where you don't put others down for a laugh. You've always been the first person to offer a hand to anybody who needed it, and when I left for Germany you were so supportive. We had been dating for only a couple of months, but I knew I didn't want to lose you. The last two years have been hard, but my love for you could trump any challenge. I know we've tried to see each other whenever possible, but now that you're graduated, I knew I had only one thing left to do. You're the most amazing girl and person I've ever met, and I would be honored if you married me. So, Samantha Rebecca Blaztuck, will you marry me?" Christian asked.

"Of course, I love you so much." I squeaked out.

Christian smiled and then got up, placed the ring on my finger and kissed me. He stopped kissing me, and wiped away the tears that had poured out of my eyes.

"I love you, liebe." Christian whispered.

"Ich liebe dich." I smiled at him.

Christian stared at me.

"I've been learning German for when we go back." I revealed.

Christian laughed.

"It's a beautiful ring, thank you so much." I gawked.

"Anything for you, you know that." Christian smiled.

I smiled and then elbowed him in the ribs. He inhaled a sharp breath.

"That's for tricking me." I declared.

Christian laughed.

"You should've known I'd never miss this." He told.

"I kinda gotta be in Florida tomorrow, you're coming right?" Christian asked.

"What kind of future wife would I be if I missed it?" I replied.

"Come on you two, we have reservations." My mom said.

I giggled.

"Congratulations." She smiled.

I smiled too, not only was life changing for the real world, but now, life was changing and Christian and I lives were intertwined for real.

°°°°°°°°°°°

Christian is so cute. I love him and we're the same age so like Christian hmu some time.