Oscar: Eu Te Amo

Maybe it was the moment I wasn't selected to be apart of Copa America for my country, or maybe it was when I got injured just a few weeks before our premier league trophy ceremony, or maybe it was when I had my first preseason ever. Whenever it may be, I had decided to be the best footballer I can be.

But as I watched from up field as Thibaut Courtois was given a red card, I felt in my stomach that things weren't heading in a good direction. I waited for Asmir to come onto the field only to see my number being subbed off. Maybe it's selfish, but should I have been the one subbed?

I was playing the best football of my life and I got subbed off. It sucked a great deal but once I got to my seat and watched for the remaining near half hour my team play and hold their draw, I couldn't help but sulk slightly.

Jose Mourinho yelled in silence. We knew it wasn't a good performance. It wasn't the performance of champions. But, when I got into my car, my thoughts took over my brain.

It was a tie, at least we didn't lose, but still, we should have won.

As I entered our home, I wasn't quite sure what to expect or how I was going to react. I was greeted by a silence, only a few seconds later to be taken over by your footsteps down the stairs. They weren't their normal up beat pattern, nearly running down the stairs, steps. Instead they were soft and slow. I knew in that moment exactly how I was going to react.

You offered me a smile and a hug.

"You played amazing. Your free kick was so amazing I ran around our couch for five minutes screaming." You told me and then kissed my cheek.

"Thanks." I mumbled.

You only smiled one of your 'you shouldn't be so sad' smiles. I brushed past you, and went for the refrigerator.

"How come we never have anything good home?" I complained.

Expect you weren't there, you instead were sitting on the couch watching TV. I joined you. We watched tv for some time until I started squirming and you knew I was getting bored.

"You shouldn't be disappointed." You stated.

I scoffed quietly, not wanting to talk much about the match.

"I'm serious, Oscar, you were amazing! You were the star of that team, you made all the plays happen and you did some fancy footwork. You were amazing and this tie won't change that." You consoled.

"I just, really wanted to win, you know." I revealed.

"I know baby, but it's not your fault. You didn't get the red card and you wouldn't have been subbed if it weren't for that red card." You comforted.

"I know." I mumbled.

You kissed my cheek again and smiled at me.

"I love you." You said.

"Eu Te Amo." I responded with a smile of my own.

I realized how lucky I am to have you a long time ago, and that's why I married you. But when I first started coming home from matches grumpy and upset, you never knew how to handle it. I'm not sure when you learned how to handle my grumpiness, but I can't thank you enough. One day when I retire I'll tell you all about this, but for now. You'll just have to keep putting up with me, and I'll keep giving you the reasons to remember why you put up with me.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Well that was a slightly disappointing opening match for chelsea but it's only the first game. I'm still optimistic about the season but I still am praying we sign a much needed player(preferably a left back so Azpi can go back to playing RB)
EDIT: deluded confidence^

Thanks for reading and please don't forget to vote/comment/suggest!

PS If you requested and I haven't done it yet don't worry I didn't forget:)