Adnan Januzaj: Irreplaceable

Adnan spent his childhood years, not necessarily doing what average kids do. He didn't spend his time going to school dances or hanging out with his friends playing video games. Adnan sacrificed his youth years for something he holds dear to his heart.

Playing for Manchester United has only but cemented his pride and joy for the sport. Maybe if he never made it he would've regretted giving so much up for the sport. He plays though, and for one of the biggest clubs in England, arguably one of the biggest in the world.

Adnan had one thing going for him, other than his talent and good looks, a girl he's known for years, Anna. Anna and his parents were best friends. They spent most of their childhood together because of that. If one family went on vacation, the other joined.

Anna had supported Adnan throughout their childhood with his dream of being a professional footballer. Even when the teachers would scuff because they thought Adnan would never make it. Anna had always argued for him, often losing friends and teachers giving her detentions.

She never cared though, Adnan was her best friend. Together they created mischief and made everybody around them want the type of relationship they had. They were absolutely perfect together. No movie could even compare their relationship accurately.

Anna was proud of Adnan when he signed for the local club. She always went to his matches, even the one that meant she would miss her moving up dance. But it was his playoff qualifier game. How could she miss that? Adnan had tried to get her to go to the dance. He practically begged her and after awhile she was so sick of hearing his persuasive arguments that she lied and said she would go.

So when he stood on the field, looking around at the family, friends and fans who came out to watch, he was shocked to see the beautiful blonde girl he had come to adore so much. In that moment he knew how uncontrollably and undeniably in love with her he was.   

He smiled widely at her, and used the euphoria that had been pumped through his veins to score the opening goal. He made an 'A' with his fingers as a dedication to the girl he adored. Adnan's mother gently bumped Anna's side.

When the match had come to an end, Adnan had his teammates gathered around him, but he didn't want their hug. Adnan escaped the grasp of his teammates and ran right past his coach, who was trying to congratulate him.

Instead, Adnan ran right up to Anna, with his parents curious and watchful eyes, they stared at each other. Anna was unsure of the reason why Adnan had chosen to ignore his teammates and instead came right to her.

Adnan ignored his parents and kissed Anna. The two only stopping when they heard his parents cough. Ana blushed and Adnan stared adoringly at her even though his parents were trying to congratulate their son.

The two were just about inseparable for the year and half they dated. They were the type of couple you'd often see in movies or read about in books, only their relationship was much more special since it was real. Just like when Hazel Grace and Augustus Waters were in Amsterdam and they never wanted to leave, they wished time would freeze for them, it only to end in sadness and grief. Though Adnan and Anna's love may not be the same as The Fault in our Stars, they were too, heading for their own hamartia.

Adnan had received the wonderful news of a transfer to Manchester United. The happiness and pride he felt when he found out about that transfer was short lived though. Anna lived in Belgium. Manchester United is in England.

He couldn't say no though, and although he dreaded telling Anna and he wanted nothing more than for her to yell at him if it made her feel less pain, he knew she was going to be thrilled. He just hoped in two years when she would graduate high school, Anna would go to England and they could pick up their relationship again.