Marco Reus: Overprotective Götze

Sophia picked her head up from behind the menu and smiled at her approaching brother.

"Hey Mario." Sophia greeted flashing her contagious smile.

Mario kissed Sophia's cheek before sitting down.

"I brought Marco." Mario told.

"Where is he?" Sophia asked with a noticeable flutter in her heart.

"He got caught in a crowd, he should be here by tomorrow." Mario joked.

Sophia chuckled and then met the gaze of Marco. For the briefest of a moment, it felt like a movie scene. You know, the one where they find each other and time slows down for a couple seconds while they take in each other. Marco bumped into a chair, effectively breaking the eye contact, causing Sophia to laugh.

"Hey, sorry." Marco said taking his seat out of breath.

"Walk much?" Mario asked.

Marco rolled his eyes.

"So, how's preseason?" Sophia asked.

"Fun." Marco grinned.

"Stupid." Mario said.

"How do you get enjoyment out of running miles a day?" Mario questioned.

"Because, you look funny running." Marco grinned.

"At least I can just avoid running, you can't avoid looking funny every second of the day." Mario retorted.

"That, was uncalled for." Marco monotoned.

The three laughed.

"Do you have plans this weekend?" Marco asked turning his attention to Sophia.

Sophia shook her head no, sneaking a look at Mario's watchful gaze of Marco.

"I was thinking about going to see the new Batman movie, care to join?" Marco asked.

"Yes!" Sophia blurted.

She blushed slightly, expecting Mario to start poking fun of her odd love of superheroes, instead the table entered a moment of awkward silence while Marco stared at Sophia, Sophia watched Mario and Mario was staring down Marco.

"I guess I'm not invited." Mario said.

"You have Ann's thing." Marco reminded.

Mario frowned.

That weekend, Sophia excitedly awaited for Marco to pick her up from her apartment. She had dressed nicely for their dinner, but knew she'd look out of place at the movies.

Her doorbell rang and she quickly rushed to put her heels on her feet while rushing to the door. She smiled wide as she opened the door to reveal none other than Mario. Her smiled faded while he ran his eyes over her outfit choice.

"Change." Mario stated.

"Your attitude." Sophia snipped spinning away from him.