Chapter 10

My mother has always told me that the answer for our problems are right ahead us.

Not that I had ever decipher what is that supposed to mean, my mom loves a good riddle, just like me, so she always presents me with one leaving my head spinning around to understand them.

But the riddle that now had find accommodation in my mind was not a simple riddle from my mom, but a complete challenge, and probably the most hard riddle I had to face in my life.

It was frustrating to taking so much time in learning about Draco, it felt like trying to break ice with nothing but our hands, or wait for the sun to peek between the clouds and slowly melt the ice, showing what was underneath it.

Patience is the key...

And again, my mother's riddles fit perfectly to my life, and telling me clearly, that understanding Draco would take longer that I had expected to.

But sometimes I still wonder myself...why am I losing and lying shamelessly to my friends, only to understand a boy who is colder than thin ice, spreading an agonizing pain whenever he went through when around people...

Sometimes I think my whole life is a riddle...

The answer for our problems are right ahead us...

Matthew.

We were staring into each other's eyes, he had knocked at my dorm door, and I flinched when opening it, feeling, for some reason, my heart pumping fast.

We both were standing, him outside the door still, and I holding the door open, my lips parted away, with no intentions to break our eye contact, neither did him.

"Oh yeah I just remembered that Andrei invited me to go to Hogsmead with him so, I will leave you guys here..." I found amusement in Charlotte's voice behind me, but didn't dared to look at her and break my eye contact with Matthew, not until she passed throught us, winking at me, and stepping out of the dorm, leaving me alone, with Matthew.

One thing Matthew doesn't know, is that I'm learning a few things while studying Draco, like becoming easily cold when in the need to, placing a rough mask covering my face, and true feelings, letting the coldness take over my actions.

A pale boy expressions were flashing in my mind, until I buried him in the deepest of my memories, focusing only in Matthew.

I gestured for him to come in, and closed the door behind us.

He didn't said anything, just nervously playing with his rings, and I crossed my arms in front of my chest, facing him, but his gaze was looking for something to keep his focus on, anything but me.

"Why are you here?" I asked coldly, which made him look in my eyes, studying me with his gaze like if I was someone he didn't recognize anymore, someone entirely new.

"Er..." He cleared his throat, passing a hand through his soft dark brown hair. "...I wanted to apologize." He managed to say through his nerves undoubtedly visible.

"What do you want to apologize for?" I asked coldly, kept in my tone firm and steady like if we were just strangers talking for the first time, and kept my mask on, until I had what I wanted to truly hear, and it was not just some dusty and frail apologize.

"I wanted to apologize for overreacting, it was stupid and irrational from my part." He said firmly, which not let me pleasent.

"And what makes you think I will take an vague and unmeant apology from yours." I said more clearly, in a quick try to make him understand what I was expecting to hear from his lips, which successfully worked when heard him letting out a frustrated sigh.