Chapter 19

The summer holidays passed faster than I thought they would, I hardly see my mother around the house, but my father says she will get well soon, but his voice and face told a different story.

This was the last day here, I was packing, I was leaving today, and I barely had any time with my mother, the only one I knew it would never doubt me, and she was ill.

I didn't expect to see her before I left, I don't see her in weeks, and for my father's behavior she's not getting better. But for my surprise, I saw her as soon as I climbed down the stairs to the living room, she was sat in the long black couch, facing the big marble fireplace.

"Mom." I said softly to catch her attention.

"Oh, Lara." She turned to me, and I almost flinched when I saw her ill face, extremely pale, way more thinker since the last time I saw her, bags under her eyes, and her frail voice was painful just to hear. "Come here, honey." She stood up slowly, and gestured for me to hug her.

I ranne into her, and gave her the tightest hug I've ever gave to her, life if she would break and vanish after I let her go.

"Are you feeling better?" I asked softly, after I pulled away.

"Yes, I am, but don't worry about me." She said softly.

"But what do you have, mom, why are you so sick?" I asked furrowing my eyebrowns in concerning.

"It's taking a time for me to heal, but don't worry, I'm feeling better bit by bit-" She cut herself off with a cough.

"Are you sure, mom? Maybe it's better if you go back to bed." I said softly, softly pulling her back to her room, but she refused.

"No, I'm okay." She said refusing to follow my steps. "Listen..." She pulled both my hands, holding them gently. "Let me tell you something, you're stronger than you think you are, never forget that." She said softly, rubbing the back of my hands gently.

"Yeah I know mom, you tell me that all the time." I said smiling.

"And you know I will always love you-" She started coughing so abruptly that she collapsed into the floor.

"Mom!" I cried out, trying to hold her. "Mom, what's happening?! Dad!" Yelling for my father to help me was the last thing I remembered, screaming so loud that echoed in my own ears.

"What's going on?" He asked and then saw me and my mother on the floor. "Elisabeth!" He ranned into her, grabbing her into his arms. "Lara, go to your room, I need to take your mother to her bedroom." He shouted without even looking at me, but focusing on my mom's violent cough.

"But-" He cut me off.

"Now!" He instructed firmly, and I imediatly ranned back at my bedroom, with tears falling down my eyes, worried about my mother.

See my mom in pain, was the worst pain I've ever felt, it clenched my heart as if someone was grabbing it trying to shatter it in pieces, taking all my happiness and memories out of me to fade in the darkness of loneliness.

I waited some minutes, and decided I need to check her room, I needed to see if she was okay, I needed to feel some relief in my soul, I had nobody besides my father to support me on this, not even my friends, my mom was the main thing that kept my smiling even in the darkest of the times, where all the happiness and joy of the world shall fade and the hope on my smile keep wide...

But before I even knocked on the door, I stopped, and tried to hear the whispers and voices in the room, just like last time.

"Elisabeth you can't keep doing this." I heard my father's voice say. "You're risking too much." He said with his voice shaking trying to stay firm.