Chapter 78

"Let us out you filthy squid!" Pansy shouted at Filch after him closing the door of the cell in the dungeons.

All of us were locked behind bars, right underneath the castle, there was no window, no door, only the bars the walls made of stone.

Magic doesn't work here, just like in the Manor, so it would be useless to try any spell, it wouldn't work.

I felt powerless.

My arms were crossed in front of my chest, my body against the cold, stone wall, while Draco was besides me, more hidden in the shadow than me as I was closer to the bars.

My gaze caught him looking down at his left arm, and his hand imediatly grap tightly around it, as if it was in pain.

That was the moment where I decided to ask him, what I always feared to ask, and have been to selfish to ever do it, and felt guilty for not having done it before.

"Does it hurt?" I asked softly, tilting my head a bit to the side so he would be the only one hearing me.

His gaze caught mine, and as if he was wondering not to tell me or not, he still got closer to me to speak.

"It burns once in a while, but the real pain is when he is calling us." He said looking down at the arm, and with us, I realized he meant the Death Eaters.

"He's calling all his followers isn't he?" I asked, my tone more as a statement rather than a question, however, he still nodded.

The time flew, fast it seemed, I had no clue of what time was, if the war had already begun or not, I got nothing.

My guesses about the beginning of the war were confirmed, when I heard noises coming from upstairs, outside the castle, similar to small explosions, it was difficult to hear due to we being literally underneath the castle, until a huge one appeared, like the sound of a lighting struck, making the earth shake a bit, and my mind worried by what had done that.

"We can't stay here..." I said after some time. "We need to find a way to get out." I said firmly my gaze on the iron bars wondering how could we get out of here.

"Why?" His question made my head turn so quickly that I felt like almost fainting.

"What? What do you mean why?" I furrowed my eyebrowns perhaps I had misunderstood what he said.

"We're safe here...you're, safe here, I obviously want to fight, but I prefer to be relax to know you're okay." He said softly.

I knew what he meant, however I had to bring him some sense, because I wouldn't be hiding away from a war.

"Listen..." I stepped to be in front of him, and grabbed his hand between mine, the other hand of his was stucked in his pocket playing with something. "I know you only want my safety, but we can't hide ourselves like cowards..." He was about to open his mouth to argue, but I cut him off. "I want to fight." My tone was firm as so were my features.

If he was about to say something, than it would have to be say later, because the loud explosion occurring at the door scared us both.

The bars fell, the stone was with a huge hole, and the air was still filled with smoke as the Slytherins runned away from the cell, and we waited until most of the crowd went away.

We stepped over the wreckage from the explosion, and we were out, and my gaze was wide opened when I saw Matthew.

"Matthew?!" I asked surprised, but glad he was here.

"Lara." Matthew said excited, as he hugged me tightly.

It felt odd to be hugging Matthew again, I don't even remember the last time we hugged together, he looked absolutely different now, he changed so much in a year.