Chapter 21

The first class, in the next day, was Defense Against the Dark Arts, with our new teacher, Dolores Umbridge.

I haven't talked with Matthew, nor seen him either, I had so many things to apologize to him for, that I didn't even know how to make him forgive me...

As soon as me and Charlotte stepped inside the classroom, a paper bird flew trough our heads, Umbridge had not arrived yet, a lot of students were playing with it, as he was flying through our heads.

My gaze stopped at Draco, who was sat next to Pansy, his hand resting on his cheek, looking bored, and then, his gaze met mine, still as mesmerizing as always, letting me get lost in the endless rivers, shivering down my spine.

He didn't dared to break eye contact, as neither did I, although I showed my anger through them, trying to see any reaction, any hint of regret, anything, but he kept looking at me, like if I was about to dissappear forever.

Our eye contact broke only when Charlotte called my name, and pulled us into one of the left, right in front of him...

The astonishing, dazzling, paper bird, flying above our heads, suddenly burned down by Umbridge, who showed up behind us.

"Good morning, children." She said, as all of our heads turned to see her, in a flushed pink dress, making me wonder if she haves any others colors to wear.

"Ordinary Wizarding level examinations." She was now walking between the tables, stepping foward to her desk. "...O.W.Ls, more commonly known as owls..." She turned around, and looked at all of us with a wide, but creepy, smile on her lips. "Study hard, and you will be rewarded, fail to do so, and the consequences may be, severe." She said softly, still with a smile on her lips.

She pointed her wand at a pile of books, which started floating and distribute for each student.

"Your previous instruction in this subject has been disturbingly, uneven, but you'll be please to know from now on you will be following a carefully structured ministry approved, course of defensive magic." She said firmly.

This book was different from the others I have ever had, it looked more like a child book rather than a book of defensive spells, I opened it, scrolling through a few pages, and noticed that this book didn't spoke anything about using spells at all.

I furrowed my eyebrowns in confusion, which fifth year book, would not say anything about the use of spells, so I raised my hand upon in the air.

"Yes?" Umbridge asked me, as soon as she saw my hand in the air.

"There's nothing here about the use of defensive spells." I said softly.

"Using spells?!" She said with a hint of annoyance, and gave a little giggle, like if I had just asked the stupidest thing in the world. "Well I can't imagine why you would need to use spells in my classroom." She said walking towards me.

"It's a Defense Against the Dark Arts class, it's supposed to we learn and use spells that work against those same dark arts." I said indignated by her attitude and reply.

"Are you questioning my ways of teaching, Miss Blackwell?" She said firmly, her wide, but fake, smile still fixed onto her face. "I trust you know that questioning me, you're questioning the Ministry, right?" She said raising her eyebrowns in a devilish smirk.

My lips parted away, I didn't know what to say, last year I even learned the Unforgivable Curses, and now I'm not even going to learn any spells at all...

"We're not gonna use magic?" Ron asked, after a few seconds of me and Umbridge staring at each other, which, fortunately, made her break eye contact, so I wouldn't need to look into her creepy blue eyes much longer.