Chapter 66

~*~

~*~

"You."

Juli had mixed feelings, but she was sure that Hwayoung was already consumed by hatred and vengeance for years. She remained silent. There were a lot of things she wanted to say to her, and but mostly how deeply sorry she was that her own parents were the ones who did all of that, even if she felt like she didn't know them.

"I'm sorry for what they did to you." Juli finally spoke. "I'm sorry that they have wronged you, Hwayoung, and I know there is nothing that I can do to make it up to you."

They were back in the throne room where the fire wall was green again. And Yuta finally woke up, and was coughing on the floor.

"So what? Are you finally giving in yourself now?" The witch smirked. "I can't stand your face." Hwayoung spat out. "You're a spitting image of them."

"If there's anything that I can do to make it up to you, I wouldn't hesitate to do it." Juli said. "But right now, it's not only about me. The people that I care about are out there risking their lives for this nation, and trusting me to lead them. I can't let them down, and I know I can never erase the past mistakes that my parents did. But if I have to smack some sense into you that what you're doing right now won't bring any of us good, then I will fight you." With that, Juli shifted to her fighting stance.

Hwayoung gritted her teeth and grabbed Juli by her neck as they flew up. She pushed Juli's body to the roof and it broke open, and they continued to fly high up near the sky.

"No!" Yuta screamed between his coughs and grabbed his staff to fly to them.

Hwayoung threw Juli to the ground from the sky, and she slid on the ground so far, that she was able to hear her friends calling her name. While Juli was unconscious, Yuta kept the witch busy.

"Ten!" Jennie screamed as she held her roommate's head on her lap.

"On it!" Ten immediately rushed to them with Lucas and Jaehyun fending off monsters that were trying to get to them. "Taemin!" He shouted.

Jaemin appeared next to them while rolling his eyes. "How many times do I have to tell you? It's Jaemin— No!" He kneeled to hold Juli. "What happened?"

"Hurry kid you need to bring her to Xiaojun's—"

Before Ten could finish his sentence, he turned around and shielded Juli and Jennie with his bare hands because the attack coming to them was too fast. Jennie looked away and hugged Juli in her arms while Jaemin also looked away, protecting himself with his arms, knowing it was too late to dodge the giant boulder coming to them.

The three of them waited for the impact, but it never came.

When they opened their eyes, they saw Juli had gone up on her feet, eyes glowing, stopping the giant boulder with one hand. The boulder then exploded soundlessly into tiny pieces, falling down to the ground.