Chapter 29

~*~

~*~

"Hendery is a spy."

I just stared at him.

How— how dare he? How could he say something like that?

"No." Voice barely came out of my mouth because my breath was caught up in my chest. "He will never hurt me."

"He almost did, Juli." Taeyong whispered.

The night at the gym.

"How is he a spy? For who? For her? Who the fuck is her? Is it the dark witch?"

Taeyong didn't say anything.

He always had something to say. He would explain things and open up to me.

"What do you know Taeyong? You said you know everything. What exactly do you know?" I squinted my eyes at him.

"I tried my best to not get myself involved in this mess, but now I have to. Because you're in it. I'm the only one who you can trust right now." Taeyong took my hand.

I was supposed to refuse him.

I barely knew him. He only helped me once, compared to Hendery who has risked his life over and over again for me.

As much as I was tempted to run away, I didn't.

"We have to get out of here so I can tell you."

We walked over to Ms. Daisy.

"I assumed you have accessed the portals for a few times, correct?" Taeyong asked softly.

I nodded as a yes.

"This will be not much of a difference, and I just want you to stay calm and trust me."

"What are we doing, Taeyong?"

"Shadow travel."

Taeyong helped me hop on to Ms. Daisy before he got himself up behind me.

I felt myself dissolving into shadow.

~

We appeared on a beach.

Then I realized it was the beach that Taeyong and I first met each other. Why would he bring us here?

Oh and the shadow traveling? Way worse than when you use portals. We were going so fast, in the dark, and you could feel as if your face was peeling off to the back.

Then I started to feel the fatigue. So this is what people have been talking about after they use the portal.

I dropped down to my knees and panted. But then I realized, my breathing was heavy not because of the fatigue.

It was because my chest was really hurting.

I wanted to scream.

I trusted Hendery.