Chapter 35

~*~

~*~

I ran back to the campsite as fast as I could, like someone else was chasing me but there wasn't anybody.

I couldn't believe what I had just seen. I needed to tell Hendery.

I slid into the entrance of my tent, and stopped to catch my breath. Then I slowly walked over to Hendery who was still sleeping peacefully.

I poked his nose to wake him up, but he wasn't budging. Then I shook his wrist, "Hendery!" I whispered, still out of breath.

Then he grabbed my wrist and pulled me down. When I was on top of him, he flipped me over to be on top of me.

I closed my eyes shut, "s-stop." I stammered, and stopped breathing.

"You could just wake me up in a less annoying way."

"I'm sorry." I immediately said, hoping he would let me go.

I opened my eyes slightly and he was smiling at me.

"Juli," he said, softly. "You're beautiful."

I wasn't prepared for this, my heart was beating out of control and I was afraid it might burst.

When he began to lean closer to me, I panicked.

"I know the way out," I immediately said.

It succeeded to stop him. I mentally sighed out a relief.

"What?" He got off of me and shifted into a sitting position.

"I saw her," I swallowed hard.

When I touched the giant tree, I felt a rush of energy running from my fingers to consume my entire body.

I didn't like the energy. Though it felt powerful, I also felt hatred, and anger. Then it showed me a vision.

I was shown a big room, it was dark. There was a figure sitting on the higher floor in the room. In front of her was fire dancing from wall to the wall of the other side of the room.

It looked familiar. The room felt familiar. Like I have been here somehow.

Eventhough I couldn't make out who was sitting on the throne—I was sure it was a throne—the figure head moved. Her green eyes looked at me directly, then its pupil contracted into a thin vertical line. Like cats when they're angry, or scared.

She was scared, I could feel it.

Then she was getting away from me slowly, the room also moved away with her.

I stumbled back from the tree and fell over on my butt.

My palm didn't meet the cold icy snow, I was touching the grass.