Chapter 32

~*~

~*~

Of course, Victor wouldn't let me go with the 127 to the institute. And I was certain that the 127 wouldn't let me join them either, not after Victor had specifically told them not to listen to whatever I say about me tagging along.

How do I make the guards let me pass the barrier now?

If I tried to trick them— that couldn't be one of my options, because Victor must've ordered them about not letting me out of here.

I have to get to his office in the institute, no matter what. I have to find out how to retrieve my memory, to unblock this curse.

I need a plan.

I groaned in frustration.

I don't have a plan right now. Not having a plan is making me crazy.

I peeked behind the tree as the 127 were talking to the armed guards in front of the barrier, I guess. You barely see it but if you move your head, everything behind the barrier would look faintly distorted.

I was about to walk to them but there was a grip of a hand holding my elbow, preventing me to advance.

"What do you think you're doing?"

It was Jaehyun. I looked back at the 127 and they were still having a conversation with the guards.

"Let go of me," I calmly commanded.

"Victor made it clear we can't take you with us."

Yeah, but I will go anyway.

"How did you know I was here?"

"Mark. Seismic sense." Jaehyun said. "Look, is this about Hendery?"

That was the most random thing he could have asked me.

"What??"

"I noticed something is between you two."

"You don't know what you're talking about, so back off."

"Do you think I am stupid, Juli?" Jaehyun's tone was suddenly dark, like when he used to hate me at the beginning. "Do you think I cannot see that Hendery, Taeyong, Yuta, and you are hiding shit from me??"

"I don't know what you're talking about, seriously. I just wanted to.."

Jaehyun's eyes were telling me that he was worried. I want to tell him the truth, but I am too afraid of what it might cost me.

Jaehyun hating me and turning against me is the last thing I want.

"You can tell me anything," Jaehyun gently cupped my face.

I can't.

But I don't want to lie to you.

Is this what Victor has to go through? No. Victor was keeping my truth, I am keeping mine.