Chapter 56

~*~

~*~

JULI

"Victor," I held my hand up at him, as if it would stop him from approaching Jinora.

"I have to do this." He said, slowly getting closer to Jinora, who was backing up from him. "Or she will kill me."

Jinora was struggling to get away from Victor. He had ambushed us and burned Jinora's arm.

"There has to be another way, Victor." I tried to be persuasive. "Put the sword down, and we will figure it out together. Please."

I was terrified. There was something off about Victor. His eyes. At this point I was too scared to make a move because I knew Victor would do anything in return.

"It's no use, Juli." Jinora said with shaky voice. "I should've listened to everyone about you." She said to Victor.

I couldn't move. "What do you mean?"

"Everyone knows Han's brother has always been after the throne. But I always wanted to believe that you are a good guy, Victor," Jinora snickered and shook her head. "I want to say that I'm surprised but... I don't know why I am not." Jinora spat out blood.

"I d-don't understand..." I let out a shaky breath, my eyes felt hot. I glared at him. "Is this why you're doing this? Did the witch promise you the throne? You know that's not going to happen, right?? The witch is just using you—"

"Juli, get out of here. Now." He said between his teeth.

"I don't think that's the case here." Jinora smirked. "Everyone has always been suspicious how that witch could take over the Fire Nation alone. Now everything makes sense."

I couldn't move. I didn't know what to do, or say.

"Tell me... that what she said... isn't true." I backed away from Victor.

"Juli—"

"Why??" It came out as a scream. "What did you do Victor?"

"Wha—" his crazy eyes shifted to me and it sent shiver down my spine. "W-what did I do? Me? This is all because of you, you little shit." His eyes widened, full of anger.

I thought he was a family. I trusted him. He brought me in. He helped me.

"What?" I cried silently. I didn't realize I was also backing away from him and my foot reached the cliff.

Jinora kept telling me to go. But I couldn't move. I began to assume every single thing in my head.

Did Victor help the witch attack the Fire Nation? Did Victor really betray his own brother?

"Everything was perfect, I was the crown prince, because Han never wanted the throne anyway despite being the first born." He shifted his sword and began to walk slowly to me. "Then Han and Jun had a baby, who happened to be the Avatar." He let out a low chuckle. "You see, I cannot have any heir, no matter how hard I try. So Han had to accept the throne back."