Chapter 27

~*~

~*~

I can't believe it. I can't believe this is happening.

People around me, including who I didn't even know, were staring at me. Then I started to hear clear whispers.

"Do you think she would make it?"
"Signing up on your first year? That's suicide."
"Ten? What a lucky bitch!"
"Gods is it that new Dummy who is always with the 127? And she got Ten!?"
"Is she a firebender? I— well—"
"Who the hell is Juli?"

I didn't realize I stopped breathing until Jennie squeezed my hand.

"You got this, now go girl." Jennie smiled.

Next to Jennie I saw the entire Black Velvet were giving me reassuring smiles.

Even though my entire body and soul were dead, I made my way to the backstage.

Why do the Fates hate me so much? What did I do to deserve this? Out of hundreds of students...

And why Ten? Out of hundreds of students...

I found Ten, who was looking out at the empty arena.

Before I could've greeted him, he turned around. Then flinched and held his right shoulder in pain.

Don't tell me he has an injury.

"Shit, are you—"

"Keep it down!" Ten hissed and regained his perfect posture back. "It was from our last mission, I can fight now."

"Can you? I mean there's always another year, you're in 127 and everyone knows your worth. What do you have to prove?"

He chuckled. "I've heard so much about you, Juli." He said. "But you don't know shit about me. Besides, we are already a disadvantage, our elements don't really go along."

Then it hit me, he is a waterbender.

"Even if we want to attempt a combo hit, which is impossible, considering it took months for Jaehyun, Hendery and me to practice our combos. Our opponent tag team on the other hand,"

They are both waterbenders, like him.

"—Have the same elements, like me."

"So what do you think we should do?"

"This could be an advantage for me to focus on defense because I know how they will move, and I am at a higher level than them both, so their technique wouldn't be much of a threat."

My eyes landed on his injured shoulder. I really don't think this is a good idea.

Ten held his shoulder. "Don't worry about me, just do your best."