Chapter 16

~*~

~*~

How am I going to tell the girls that I am the Avatar? How would they react to it?

"I am Master Jeong Jeong,"

The old guy with white beard and hair was standing on a solid dirt that looked like a rounded stage, in the middle of this opened field.

I guess this is where Hendery was referring to as the Summer side to this cave.

The sky was clear and blue, I could see the sun shining down on us as the cool breeze brushing against our robes.

I couldn't help to think that maybe this clear blue sky and the sun were fake.

"You there,"

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at Master Jeong Jeong.

"Quit staring at the Sun, you're gonna go blind. And pay close attention to what I'm saying or you'll get yourself burned!"

"Sorry!"

Was all I managed to say, and I think he squinted his eyes at me.

"What's your name, young firebender?"

"Juli. My name is Juli."

His gaze was piercing into my soul. He looked quite surprised for a split second there.

He continued to do the lecture on the dirt stage.

I looked around and wonder why were there only seven of us. I saw a lot of people in the Dinning Hall. Are these the only first year firebenders?

"Juli, please step up to the arena." Master Jeong Jeong called out.

I felt like shrinking into the ground.

Everyone cleared out a way for me to walk to the arena and Master Jeong Jeong pulled me up to get to the stage.

~

I punched the air for the 10000 times but only a fire as small as a jet lighter fire came out for 2 seconds.

I dropped to the ground, trying to catch my breath.

I looked at the full moon above me, and my vision was getting fuzzy. I laid down on the damp grass and watched the night sky.

Why can't I produce a burst of fire as good as the rest of the class?

I've been practicing since afternoon in a small garden somewhere in the Summer area of the cave. The garden was beautiful, surrounded by walls of flowers and vines.

Master Jeong Jeong called me to do small moves based on his guidance but I couldn't.

I closed my eyes and all I saw was the people in my class smirking and snickering at my failure.