Chapter 37

~*~

~*~

I woke up with my arms and body tied to a bed.

The last thing I remembered was Jaemin was bitten, and him laying on my arms so lifelessly. He wasn't moving.

Though he was still breathing, he was slowly turning. His brain was slowly being damaged by the parasite.

I looked down on what was tying me on the bed. I resisted the urge to laugh at the way they tried to restrain me. "You've gotta be joking, right??" I said to no one.

I scanned the room and found Taeyong staring at me, sitting on a stool leaning on the wall behind him.

I twisted my hand, and tried to shoot a fire to the rope above my wrists. I concentrated my energy on both of my palms, but nothing was happening.

I kept trying to produce heat, even fire, but ... nothing.

I couldn't believe this, but I think I was terrified. For the first time ever, I was horrified that my bending was not working.

"Juli, calm down," Taeyong said as he got up from his seat, panicking. "Juli, please I'm here. Calm down. Lucas had to put you down and blocked you chi—, you were... Renjun was scared and you were—"

"What did they do to Jaemin??" I hissed.

"They're giving him a proper burial at Lotus Hills cemetery." He said.

"Well did you guys make sure he was dead???"

"Juli..."

He stared at me with that look on his eyes, as if I had lost it.

"I am not crazy, Taeyong. You have no idea but he was bitten, he is infected." I said as I stopped trying to break free. "There is no power in the world that can reverse that. I just want to make sure that he won't turn." I sobbed. "Even if that means that I have to kill him myself."

Taeyong still hadn't said anything, like he felt sorry for me.

"At least let me see him, before they buried him. Please," I begged. "Let me see my baby brother." My voice broke at the last two words.

Then someone stormed into my private tent.

It was Yuta. He furrowed his eyebrows when his eyes landed on me.

I thought he was going to scold me, or something. But then he started to slice the ropes that were restraining me with his swift airbending.

"What are you doing?" Taeyong grabbed his wrist.

"Do you think this will help her calm down?" Yuta snapped back, and pulled his hand.

"Thank you," I mumbled.

"I never agreed to this," Taeyong said through his teeth.

"Then why did you let them do this??" Yuta said as he shoved a cup of water to me.