Chapter 47

~*~

~*~

As we got out of the restaurant, I was still feeling hungry. I barely ate anything. The prince and Mark ate so fast that I wasn't able to keep up.

"So what do you wanna do next, Juli?" Mark grinned as he rubbed his palms together with excitement.

"You said there were festivals." I asked the prince.

"It's around the Lower Ring wall. Come on!" The prince waved his hand as he started to walk, telling us to follow him.

The Middle Ring was beautiful at night. Not that I know what it's like at day, but I can say it's because of the lanterns along the streets. People were still out with their families, friends, lovers. It reminded me of Lotus City. Reminded me of the good times, and also everything that I have left behind.

But compared to Lotus, the Middle Ring was packed with shops and restaurants.

I walked to catch up with Mark and walked side to side with him.

People were starting to stare. At Mark, at me, and at the prince. Unlike Mark and I, they must've known what their prince looks like.

"Do you think they're starting to realize?" I said quietly to Mark. Then I looked at Yangyang who was walking ahead if us. "He's done this a lot, hasn't he?"

"From the looks of it, yeah." Mark shrugged.

I gave him a grin, "so, a prince, huh?"

"Aaah," Mark blushed and rubbed the back of his neck, "it's not that big of a deal. I'm still... me. The royal life never suits me."

I raised an eyebrow at him, "really? How come?"

"I rather fight, go on missions, get my hands on the field with my friends. I could never do what Yangyang does. I'm too much of a coward. I know someday, I will have to accept the throne. Just by the thought of it is enough to keep myself awake at night." Mark said as he watched his own steps.

"You're not a coward." I said. "Everyone is afraid of something. But I hope you will find the courage to face that, Mark." I smiled to myself, "I think you will make a wise king. A handsome one too."

Mark grinned widely at my words, "thanks, Juli." He said. "I hope you're right."

"We're here!" The prince in front of us stopped abruptly as he spread his arms.

I looked around and found even more lanterns, and a lot of small tents selling various of food. The air smelled like roasted pork and the ocean at the same time.

I turned around, and found a vendor offering me a large squid skewer. It was so big I jumped back a bit out of surprise. I bumped into someone as I was walking backwards slowly.