Its Easy To See

I spent the first hour of the morning after the show staring at my bedroom ceiling.

So much happened last night, and there is just so much to process. Obviously there's still the high from performing, which I have never felt in this capacity before. Plus, now that the show is over, I'm left to reflect on everything I've gained from doing it: My first ever Best Friend as well as my first ever Boyfriend, who happens to be the guy I've been in love with for my entire high school career. I have an entire group of friends on top of that, and my song went viral, and now everyone is expecting a follow up song.

I spent the remainder of the evening after the cast party reading through the comments on the video. They were all like:

This song is a total bop. 

I totally love these lyrics. So relatable!

Is this on Spotify? I NEED this on my playlist. 

Who is this girl? Does she have any more music?

It was crazy to see the amount of people that loved my song, and while its extremely encouraging and exciting...I don't want to let them down.

I heard a knock on my door and sat up, pushing back the hair that had escaped from my ponytail.

"Come in!" I called. The door opened, and rather than seeing one of my parents' faces, as I was expecting to, I was greeted with a pair of gorgeous blue eyes and a smile that made me dizzy, especially when it was directed at me.

"Hey. I hope its cool that I'm here. Your Mom let me in."  EJ said, sidestepping into the room. 

"Crap! No, you can't be here! My other boyfriend is due to arrive any minute!" I exclaimed, smiling brightly at him. He rolled his eyes, walking over to stand in front of me before putting his hands on either side of my face.

"You're not as funny as you think you are." He stated.

"I think you're just jealous that I'm hilarious." I retorted, my smile widening as he leaned down and briefly pressed his lips against mine. I pulled away from him, crawling up to the top of my bed so that I could fully lay down, and EJ toed his shoes off before climbing up with me. He leaned against the headboard and I cuddled up beside him, resting my head on his shoulder and wrapping my arms around his waist. He wrapped his arms around me, pressing his lips against my forehead. 

"What've you been up to today?" He asked, tracing his fingers over my arms. I shook my head.

"Just...processing everything. A lot happened yesterday. Heck, a lot has happened in the past few months, and I feel like it all came to a head yesterday and now...we have to figure out what comes next." 

"Ok, just...slow down for a minute," He said, causing me to tilt my head so I could meet his eyes, "You act like you have to figure out everything right now."

"Well, I kind of have to! If I don't put out another song soon, everyone is just going to forget about me, which is terrifying enough as it is, given my history with being invisible. But at the same time, I can't just release some mediocre song, because then all anyone will think about is how its not as good as the other one and I'll be a one-hit wonder before I even graduate high school-"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, Meg...first of all, you're incredibly talented, and that's not going to happen," I sighed, moving to lay my head on his chest again. "And second of all, you really don't have to figure all of that out right this second. Just slow down, take it all in, and you'll know what to do when the time is right." 

"Yeah, I guess." I mumbled.

"And do you know what the time is right for right now?" He asked. I raised my eyebrows, glancing at him again. "Spending the entire day with your boyfriend." I smiled.