Chapter Thirty-Seven: Didn't Know It Before

This was it. 

We're All In This Together, the curtain call...the end. This one moment was going to be the thing that wrapepd up the past few months. This crazy, difficult, unexpected musical that changed so many lives, created so many relationships, and mended numerous broken hearts.

When we started this, I don't think any of us planned on it being as life-changing as it was. I sure didn't. I was just doing it because I was tired of being invisible, and I wanted to be seen, but I got so much more than that. I got a sense of confidence in myself, I got to share something I love to do with other people, I made a ton of friends, and one best friend and I even fell in love for the first time.

And I know I'm not the only one, because the song We're All In This Together...hit too close to home.

The marching band walked out first, playing the song while the dancers and extras walked out and took their bows. Ashlyn and I were next, coming out and bowing to an incredible cheer as the audience stood up, and I smiled as we fell into the dance.

Seb was lifted into the air by the dancers, being carried in for his bows and the cheers were ten times louder for him. Then there was Gina and Kourtney, who somehow had managed to choreograph a little dance to do together. Then EJ. I smiled as he spun a basketball on his finger before falling in beside me. He broke character, quickly kissing the back of my hand and causing me to smile at him.

Then we began singing as Ricky and Nini took their bows.

"We're all in this together, once we know, that we are, we're all stars, and we see that we're all in this together, and it shows, when we stand hand in hand, make our dreams come true." Ricky pushed Nini forward for the crowed to cheer more. Then we were doing the iconic dance. "We're all in this together, when we reach, we can fly, Know inside, we can make it. We're all in this together, once we see There's a chance, that we have and we take it. Wildcats sing along, yeah we really got it going on." Nini pulled Gina and I aside, whispering in our ears and we nodded, running backstage. She ran off stage, and when the cast went to get in one straight line, Gina and I ran off stage, with me grabbing Miss Jenn and her grabbing Carlos and we pulled them onto the floor, where Nini handed Miss Jenn a tray with a single apple sitting in the middle of it.

"You know what to say!' She shouted over the music, causing Miss Jenn to smile. Carlos wrapped an arm around Gina and I as Miss Jenn faced forward and said:

"Is that the last apple?" We all cheered.

"This is...kinda the best." Ricky said.

"Oh honey, wait till you see what Megan and I pick for the Spring Musical." Miss Jenn said. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Me?" I asked. She smiled at me.

"Sweetheart, you have an insane amount of talent," She said, "But you also have a leadership ability, especially in theater that it would be a travesty not to use. So what do you say to being my assistant director?" My eyes widened.

"For real?" She nodded and I laughed, pulling her into a hug. "Of course!"  She ran off stage and we all got in a line, holding hands as we strutted forward, myself standing in between EJ and Ricky.

"Wildcats everywhere, wave your hands up in the air, " We put our hands up and then went down the line, bowing one by one. "That's the way we do it, Let's get to it, come on, everyone." We came back up and everyone rose to their feet once again, giving us our third standing ovation of the night.

Then confetti shot everywhere, and I smiled as I realized that the confetti cannon was loaded with stickers for the robotics club. We all looked around at each other, and then a pair of arms wrapped around my waist. I looked over, smiling up at EJ.