Chapter Twenty-One: Can't Be Over Yet

Some of us met in the Auditorium on Monday morning to take the movie cover picture for the program and Miss Jenn had asked me to be there to to work my 'Organizational Stage Manager Magic' that she had apparently heard so much about from Carlos.

I stood in a semi-circle with Kourtney, Big Red, Carlos, and Natalie getting our plan figured out.

"Great, that sounds like a plan. Thank you." Carlos told us. "Check on camera."

"Got it." Kourtney told him. We dispersed and I walked over to where EJ was holding up his track pants because they were literally falling off.

"Wardrobe malfunctions?" I asked.

"Depends, would you call my pants being about four sizes to big a wardrobe malfunction?" He questioned. I smiled.

"Maybe a bit." He sighed, running a hand through his hair. Then he smiled at me.

"I missed you this weekend." He said. I raised my eyebrows.

"It was one day, how could you have missed me?" I asked.

"Well, maybe because we haven't gotten to talk about what our relationship is now since the dance." He said, taking a step closer to me.

"Well, we can do that later, but for now, we're acting normal so as to not start any fights among cast members, remember?" I asked, taking a step away from him.

"Well, can we meet up after rehearsal to talk about it?" He asked, stepping towards me again.

"I don't know, we'll see." I said, smiling at him. He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Are you trying to flirt with me Megan?"

"No...shut up!" He laughed.

"Ok people, let's do this." I turned around seeing Ricky and Nini in their near-perfect movie costumes and Ricky...was wearing a Zac Efron wig. I burst out laughing, as did Nini and Kourtney.

"Oh my gosh, Ricky." Nini giggled.

"What?"

"I can't. There's...there's so much to talk about."

"Wait, what's-what's funny?" He asked, flipping his hair out of his face. I walked over standing beside him and Carlos.

"You literally look like a mop!" I laughed, touching a piece of the hair. "oh, that is so bad!" He smirked and Carlos chuckled. Then Seb came over wearing silver pants, silver platform sneakers, a sparkly silver vest, and a pink t-shirt. He also had on pink eye-shadow on one eye and his hair was doused with glitter hairspray.

"Hey, are you ok with this?" Carlos asked him.

"I don't know how to say it..." 

"Just say it."

"I'm home." Carlos and I chuckled and Carlos put a hand on his shoulder.

"Lets get some air, Wildcats!" Gina said,strutting on stage in a flawless Taylor costume. She posed and Big Red snapped a picture of her. Everyone went back to their business getting set up, and Carlos came to stand with me again.

"Thank you for being here," he told me, "I don't know where Miss Jenn is, and things always seem to go a lot smoother when you're helping us out." I shrugged.

"That's what I'm here for! I may be actually on stage this year, but your girl is a stage manager at heart." I told him.

"I don't know if I'd agree with that statement." He said. I furrowed my eyebrows. "You've been hiding that pop star voice of yours for three years, and then you pull it out at auditions like...honey, where have you been this whole time!" I laughed.